VA hospitol CC

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

VA hospitol CC

Post by Gramps »

Going for some outpatient stuff soon at a VA hospital.

I am sure I cannot carry in the facility but is it legal to lock the firearm in the car on the facilities parking lot and walk in?

There is a sign but can or does it pertain to the parking lot also?
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: VA hospitol CC

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

The building is either owned or leased by the federal gov't. Unless the parking lot is shared with other non-federal businesses then it's a safe bet the parking lot is too. Safest course is to assume it's all federal property and not have a gun in your car if you use their lot.

A federal district judge in Colorado ruled you can have a gun in federal parking lots, but that decision was overturned on appeal.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:The building is either owned or leased by the federal gov't. Unless the parking lot is shared with other non-federal businesses then it's a safe bet the parking lot is too. Safest course is to assume it's all federal property and not have a gun in your car if you use their lot.
Kinda scary to drive for an hr plus, at times in some rough parts of town, pray we don't break down or get car jacked (me and the wife) because the feds make us next to helpless with their rules or take a chance of catching a federal charge..
Gramps

* TRUMP 2020 *
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

Depends on which VA you are going to. Most have their parking on federal property and will be off limits.

The Middletown CBOC (Outpatient clinic), used to be in a building that was attached to a sort of strip mall. The parking lot was NOT owned by the fed, so in that case, you could have locked it in your vehicle.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Yeah it's scary and it sucks bilge water. The VA clinic I use has the sign posted at the entrance to the parking lot and refers to premises so it's meaning is pretty clear. Something we really should start hollering about at the federal level.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

WestonDon wrote:Yeah it's scary and it sucks bilge water. The VA clinic I use has the sign posted at the entrance to the parking lot and refers to premises so it's meaning is pretty clear. Something we really should start hollering about at the federal level.
Try working at one and going every day, not legally being able to be armed.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

tbrew85 wrote:Depends on which VA you are going to. Most have their parking on federal property and will be off limits.

The Middletown CBOC (Outpatient clinic), used to be in a building that was attached to a sort of strip mall. The parking lot was NOT owned by the fed, so in that case, you could have locked it in your vehicle.
Chalmers P. Wylie In Columbus
Gramps

* TRUMP 2020 *
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

Gramps wrote:
tbrew85 wrote:Depends on which VA you are going to. Most have their parking on federal property and will be off limits.

I've not been to that one but Id say its a safe bet that the parking lot is federal property.

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

tbrew85 wrote:
Gramps wrote:

I've not been to that one but Id say its a safe bet that the parking lot is federal property.
Yea, I would bet it's Fed owned too :( The lot is a really safe place from what I have seen but the area around facility is kinda rough for a small town boy and his wife without any protection....
Gramps

* TRUMP 2020 *
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

From the officer at the VA Police office today.

NO! NO! NO! WAY TO BRING A WEAPON ON THIS PROPERTY OR FACE FEDERAL CONSEQUENCES!

Plane enough for me!
Gramps

* TRUMP 2020 *
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

tbrew85 wrote:
Gramps wrote:

That lot used to be part of the DLA Center before it was transferred to the VA, so either way its federal property..
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...