Question: CCW on school property after hours?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Question: CCW on school property after hours?

Post by JU-87 »

Hi all
Question from a co-worker: Can he CCW on school property after hours?
Such as walking with his child, while carrying concealed, on a non-school day, or after school is over for the day?
Please cite law either way.

Thank you.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Question: CCW on school property after hours?

Post by JustaShooter »

No - not outside of his vehicle anyway. The law does not make any distinction between school hours and after hours. See ORC 2923.122: http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Question: CCW on school property after hours?

Post by dustymedic »

I was happy to find this thread, but not happy with the answer. There is a very large field behind the houses across the street from me and it is owned by the school board and considered by the county auditor to be part of the school in front of it, I USED to use it all the time to exercise my GSD,,, :roll:
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...