NRA Carry Guard

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

keepitsimple
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: NRA Carry Guard

Post by keepitsimple »

TRIAL TESTIMONY

Wilkerson approached Maddox outside the convention center bathroom the night of the incident. Maddox testified that Wilkerson threw him up against the wall and eventually got him on the ground and was on top of him. Wilkerson choked him, Maddox testified, causing him to black out for several seconds. He reached for the only thing he had at the time, a small box cutter he normally carried on him for work purposes. It took four men to get Wilkerson, a 300-pound man, off of him.

Maddox eventually got away, but Wilkerson approached him again — this time on the side of the convention center. That’s where, according to testimony, Wilkerson threw him up against a car, and it took two men to pry him off him again. Maddox testified he didn’t know what would happen next. He feared for his life and believed that if Wilkerson got in control of the situation again, he was going to kill him.

He retrieved his gun. Wilkerson pulled up on his motorcycle, parked it and got off. He started to charge Maddox, according to testimony. Wilkerson grabbed him, and Maddox shot him.

The two wrestled on the ground where he fired additional shots.

Maddox had also called 911. When he talked to the 911 operator, he did everything they told him to do.

He also told them what had happened. Maddox waited for police to arrive in a well-lit area.
Only in California would this incident be considered 'Murder' and not justifiable homicide in self-defense.

They don't need common sense gun laws, they need common sense.
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
CCIman

Post by CCIman »

NRA is further entrenching themselves in my mind as an organization of fear. Since the 2nd amendment is for the time in safe hands under the current, they now are admitting how much liability shooting someone, while enjoying your rights, will expose you and you loved ones to for 15 years after the shooting. You must protect your family from emotional and financial losses that occur after a shooting - NRA is looking out for you and your family.

I wonder who thought up this grand idea, but it's a doozy of a money maker, EZ to sell, and good for all liability lawyers on both sides too - now there will be money to go after.

Next, it will open doors for new products in the insurance markets. If NRA can do it, why not Farmers or State Farm - in fact, why not make it a policy for an insurance company to insist on a rider if you are a registered gun owner or conceal carry holder, must be declared or your umbrella can be lost. Just like a smoker or someone with a pool, they can charge you more for coverage.

Cha-ching !!
'CAN' does not equal "SHOULD'.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I prefer a plan that gets me Bail, a lawyer up front, and funds to defend myself, rather than one of the Insurance based solutions that pays out only AFTER you are found innocent. Insurance can't legally pay if you are found guilty. Read the details and fine print of the 10 or so players in the market and make your own determination which ones are which.

US Law Shield is currently doing free seminars to talk about their insurance plan. I am going to attend the one in Ashtabula on the 24th more out of curiosity than interest in buying insurance, and hey, I have a shot at winning a M&P Shield that night, just for showing up.
http://www.gunlawseminar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/learn/ ... comparison" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now has an overview of the NRA's Carry Guard program compared to USCCA, and Second Call defense, as well as a couple legal services plans, and the ACLDN network
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson