Franklin County Waiting Time

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Shaner205

Franklin County Waiting Time

Post by Shaner205 »

Has anyone applied in Franklin county recently? If so what was the wait time? I put mine in Monday morning.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Franklin County Waiting Time

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

It could be processed the same day or it could take 45 days.

It depends as much on you and your background as it does the particular county.

Having said that, Franklin county is pretty quick if there are no delays at BCI.
MyWifeSaidYes
roughsawn

Post by roughsawn »

Renewed in Franklin County 2 weeks ago. I was contacted 6 hours later to pickup new card.

As an aside, they have installed a metal detector at the entrance that was not there at my prior visit. I didn't have my pistol with me, but holy smokes! It took longer to get through that than the actual appointment.
On my person I had a pocket knife, leatherman, flashlight, a tic testor, 2 pens, a lighter, a (janitor sized) wad of keys, assorted nuts and bolts in my coat pocket, a good sized handful of change (including a spent shell casing! :shock: )
Not to mention steel toed boots, a metal belt buckle, and I have a steel plate in my left arm...

The little bowl I had to dump all that stuff in was full, and I still could not get through the detector and was wanded.

I returned the next morning with nothing but steel toed boots, belt, steel plate in my arm and keys. Still needed wanded.... :(
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flounder

Post by Flounder »

Dropped my application off at 1100 am, got a text a little after 3:00 pm same day it was ready. This was mid last month.
Donk18

Post by Donk18 »

Dropped my app off at 1000am got the text at 1215 pm.