Fastest county near Cleveland

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BillytheKidder

Fastest county near Cleveland

Post by BillytheKidder »

My daughter has completed her CHL class at Commence Firearms. She wants to now obtain her license. Who in the area offers most timely turn around on issuance, Cuyahoga, Lorain or Medina Counties? How is Ottawa County?
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.
ruger

Re: Fastest county near Cleveland

Post by ruger »

Lake County is your best bet.

Ottawa County is not contiguous to Cuyahoga so that's not an option for her if she resides in Cuyahoga
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

Lake County averages about 10-20 minutes turnaround from when you walk in the door. Mine took 12.

Can't be beat.
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

ruger wrote:Lake County is your best bet.

Ottawa County is not contiguous to Cuyahoga so that's not an option for her if she resides in Cuyahoga
Quite correct, I had forgotten that part.
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

She didn't want to go to Lake because she lives far west side of Cleveland, almost in Lakewood, but perhaps it's worth the drive for the speed involved. I got mine in Lake County also, and they indeed do a great job.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

Another vote for Lake County!
God made man, Colt made them equal
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Lake and Portage are in and out with license. Lake requires an appointment while Portage accepts walk-ins.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Not walk in and walk out, but I've been very happy with Geauga county. No appointments, first come, first served. Applied first thing on a Tuesday morning and they called saying I could pick it up anytime on Thursday around noon. Pretty much the same turnout around when I renewed there except went in on Saturday and had 3 people ahead of me (all but one in and out in 5 minutes or so). Got call on Tuesday that it was done and I could pick it up anytime. Can only apply during the posted CHL hours but pickup of a license is 24/7.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

Thanks for the input folks.I'll pass it on to her.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

dl1911 wrote:Not walk in and walk out, but I've been very happy with Geauga county. No appointments, first come, first served. Applied first thing on a Tuesday morning and they called saying I could pick it up anytime on Thursday around noon. Pretty much the same turnout around when I renewed there except went in on Saturday and had 3 people ahead of me (all but one in and out in 5 minutes or so). Got call on Tuesday that it was done and I could pick it up anytime. Can only apply during the posted CHL hours but pickup of a license is 24/7.
My experience with Geauga mirrors that of dl1911's, as of my renewal last year at around this time.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
smokewagon

Post by smokewagon »

Medina alwas weems to be the best bet. Fast and they mail to you. I live in Medina co. but I go to Ashland because they fit my schedule better. Permit in two days (renewal) but they don't mail. I realize Ashland isn't an option for you tho.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

smokewagon wrote:Medina alwas weems to be the best bet. Fast and they mail to you. I live in Medina co. but I go to Ashland because they fit my schedule better. Permit in two days (renewal) but they don't mail. I realize Ashland isn't an option for you tho.
I'm not a big fan of my government issued things being mailed through our government run post office.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB