How many carrying revolvers

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tru-Heathen

Re: How many carrying revolvers

Post by Tru-Heathen »

glocksmith wrote:
I wasn't aware this was a debate. If you are looking for an argument, I'd start a new thread - that'd make a great topic for debate....wheelgun versus magfed. The OP asked how many carrying revolvers...and we wheelgunners responded. Dunno how it got to be about revolver vs. SIG P320...but I applaud you for your choice of carry gun and for not following the herd or current fads :wink:

My posts weren't meant to debate the revolver v/s semi-auto controversy ;that topic no doubt has been beaten to death from the time semi-auto pistols came on the scene. My apologies if they appeared to be as such. I see no need for a new thread beating that poor horse.

Other than my first post farther up thread where I was on topic and mentioned the revolvers I'd owned, the rest of my posts concerned the claim by the Lucky Gunner author that magazine capacity bans made revolvers the best choice for those situations. I asked for a link,was given reasons, researched the mag bans & provided examples as to why the author was mistaken.

The Sigs & XDs examples I gave were just that. Many other 'bottom feeders' also fit in those spots .

Don't think that I eschew all older firearm designs, my shotgun is a Winchester Model 1897 that my grandfather & my father both carried. :)
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Tru-Heathen wrote:my shotgun is a Winchester Model 1897 that my grandfather & my father both carried. :)
Might want to check and see if you can find a few replacement springs for the mag tube and hammer before the Boogeyman comes knockin late at night.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Good point, you can never have too much ammo or too many spare parts.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

My 9 mm is just too bulky for what I usually wear in the summer (especially when I go down to South Carolina) . I want to get a small S&W 38; but since my "spare" money is going to my daughter's fall wedding, I'm just trying to have one by next summer..
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Straightshooter629

Post by Straightshooter629 »

My choice of weapon is the revolver. My daily carry is a Rossi 462 SS and 2 speed strips in an Accu-mold pouch.
Proud grandfather - NRAmember
rottman43055

Post by rottman43055 »

I carry an S&W airweight when going light.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
Helen Keller

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

I used to like 'em but, compared to my bodyguard 380 the .38 S&W is too bulky for my pocket...
-Aaron