Tim Schmidt?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

HancockCountyHAl

Tim Schmidt?

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

I received an unsolicited email from Tim at the USCCA (US Concealed carry association) and was wondering which forum or vendor I deal with gave out my email. Anyone else receive this spam?

Thanks.
HancockCountyHaL
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Tim Schmidt?

Post by JustaShooter »

I've been on their email list for years because I responded to one of their promotions, so...

Anyway, I know OFCC does not give out our email list, you can rest assured it wasn't because of us.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Thanks, JustaShooter.
Never had any thing to do with USCCA and never will. I suspect it was a vendor, just thought I'd ask.
HancockCountyHaL
Bubba404

Post by Bubba404 »

I responded to a contest in November. I have received 217 emails from them since then.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

I entered one of their contests & used to get them as well.

That's why there are email filters. My ISP has them filtered at their end,I don't see them unless I go check the spam box there. :wink:
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I was a member for a while some years ago. Basically a forum for beginners and a half-decent magazine.

However, Tim seems to be selling all kinds of stuff, and the price of the magazine increased by requiring a paid membership in the group.

The original setup wasn't bad for newbies, although I felt it too "introductory" for older people - I've been carrying since 1967. (Egad, I am old....)

You will get spammed, and I'm not sure how useful some of the products are. Didn't get my attention for additional membership anyway.

Sort of "won't hurt", but the cost may put people off.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

SMMAssociates wrote:I was a member for a while some years ago. Basically a forum for beginners and a half-decent magazine.

However, Tim seems to be selling all kinds of stuff, and the price of the magazine increased by requiring a paid membership in the group.

The original setup wasn't bad for newbies, although I felt it too "introductory" for older people - I've been carrying since 1967. (Egad, I am old....)

You will get spammed, and I'm not sure how useful some of the products are. Didn't get my attention for additional membership anyway.

Sort of "won't hurt", but the cost may put people off.

Regards,
That spam contributed to my decision to change my email address last year.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand