Moving from Greene County to Hamilton County

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

GrayRider

Moving from Greene County to Hamilton County

Post by GrayRider »

Just recently moved back to Ohio from Florida. No problem getting my Ohio CCW renewed, but will be moving from Xenia to Montgomery next month.

Anything special that I need to do?
Congress, it's like the 3 Stooges only there's 535 of 'em..
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Moving from Greene County to Hamilton County

Post by JustaShooter »

You need to notify the sheriff that issued your license that your address has changed within 45 days of the move. Some counties have their preferred procedure on their website, others will take the info over the phone or tell you how they want you do notify them when you call. I figure when / if the time comes I'll write a short letter and mail it certified mail, return receipt and leave it at that.

Oh, and don't let them tell you that you have to get a new license with your new address, it's not required. You *can* get a new one if you like, and it costs $15 - but it is entirely up to you.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Couple years ago the new sheriff opened a second place to get/renew licenses in Hamilton County. It's out in the Forest Park area I think, and no parking hassles like downtown Cincinnati. I've done my first and renewals in neighboring Clermont County near Batavia. Again, free parking and no congestion.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Brian D. wrote:Couple years ago the new sheriff opened a second place to get/renew licenses in Hamilton County. It's out in the Forest Park area I think, and no parking hassles like downtown Cincinnati.
I'm pretty sure you're talking about the Sheriff's office on Hamilton Avenue just south of I-275...you can also get to it from Pippin Rd.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay, so what is that neighborhood called? Definitely west of Forest Park, that's for sure.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Brian D. wrote:Okay, so what is that neighborhood called? Definitely west of Forest Park, that's for sure.
Heehee great question. I don't think it's Mt. Healthy that far north. IIRC it is Colerain Twp. I did ride-alongs with the PD years ago and we visited an apartment complex just south of the Sheriff's facility. BTW I too got my renewal in Clermont, and despite the long drive and the long wait (for the background and license issuance), I think I'll gladly repeat it again next time. The countryside setting and the fast and friendly processing made a favorable impression on me.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

glocksmith wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Okay, so what is that neighborhood called? Definitely west of Forest Park, that's for sure.
Heehee great question. I don't think it's Mt. Healthy that far north. IIRC it is Colerain Twp. I did ride-alongs with the PD years ago and we visited an apartment complex just south of the Sheriff's facility. BTW I too got my renewal in Clermont, and despite the long drive and the long wait (for the background and license issuance), I think I'll gladly repeat it again next time. The countryside setting and the fast and friendly processing made a favorable impression on me.
The drive along the river from US 50 to the Sheriff's office is very pleasant. From 32, it's not so great though.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand