Arcelor Mittal Exemption For Parking Lot Storage

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Arcelor Mittal Exemption For Parking Lot Storage

Post by pirateguy191 »

Arcelor is claiming they are classified as a "U.S. Port Facility" and therefore regulated by the U.S. Department Of Homeland Security. As such, they are mandated by the government to have addition security measures and safeguards in place. Something about a "Facility Security Plan" administered by the U.S. Coast Guard. They will not allow employees to have handguns in their vehicles according to S.B. 199.

Does this seem feasible? I have a copy of the bulletin presented to employees.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
pirateguy191

Re: Arcelor Mittal Exemption For Parking Lot Storage

Post by pirateguy191 »

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I believe they are mistaken. Just because they are required to do certain things by the Federal Government does not exempt them from State Law in my opinion - but then, I'm not a lawyer so my opinion is meaningless.

Just curious, what is the penalty if you are caught with a handgun in your vehicle in their parking area?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I shall ask.

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Also, is that parking area open to the public, is it secured / gated, or what, and is it posted?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

It's gated. Arcelor is a huge complex.

glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Their both foreign owned and anti-gun http://www.clevelandpolicefoundation.or ... n-buyback/

Two strikes, zero balls :|
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

JustaShooter wrote:Also, is that parking area open to the public, is it secured / gated, or what, and is it posted?
Can you post this on the OFCC Facebook page Dave?

pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

pirateguy191 wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:Also, is that parking area open to the public, is it secured / gated, or what, and is it posted?
Can you post this on the OFCC Facebook page Dave?
Nevermind, Chief's got it.

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Do they conduct random searches. :?: When United states steel was running in Lorain they would pick a car or truck that had to enter the plant and toss its contents looking for whatever. :roll: I know I was violated more than once. :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter