RENEWAL DENIED?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: RENEWAL DENIED?

Post by pirateguy191 »

slidelock wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how I get the sheriff to accept the application?
Try a different County?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

pirateguy191 wrote:
slidelock wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how I get the sheriff to accept the application?
Try a different County?
Yes
Abandon ye all HOPE!
38smith

Post by 38smith »

I live in Jackson. I do my CHL through Vinton county. I heard Jackson is a pain.
slidelock

Post by slidelock »

No thanks, its important to me to get Jackson to toe the line. I'll call our attorney Moran tomorrow.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Thumbs up.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Go get'em slidelock
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

slidelock wrote:No thanks, its important to me to get Jackson to toe the line. I'll call our attorney Moran tomorrow.
Would you mind if I call the Sheriff first? I'll be in contact with the Ross County SO tomorrow. That'll put me in a good enough mood to call Jackson Co. :twisted:

An attorney might give you some suggestions for free, but if he/she is going to make contact, it'll probably cost you money.
MyWifeSaidYes
slidelock

Post by slidelock »

Please do, I am grateful for your assistance. I have a certified letter at the post office from the sheriff that didn't get delivered. It may have information giving their position. My wife will pick that up later today and we can possibly touch base then.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

slidelock wrote:Please do, I am grateful for your assistance. I have a certified letter at the post office from the sheriff that didn't get delivered. It may have information giving their position. My wife will pick that up later today and we can possibly touch base then.
Anything interesting in the letter?
MyWifeSaidYes
slidelock15

Post by slidelock15 »

Yes, the letter said "I am denying your permit, as it is not completed" He is giving me 10 days to requesting a hearing. The letter is dated 02/03/17. It is signed Urias Hall jr, Deputy/CCW Supervisor. The letter also says the sheriff asked The Ohio Attorney Generals Office why the Social Security number was optional, but was still required. The response was the SS# was required for the background check.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Denied Permit (License) or rejected Application? Seems there might be a difference!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
docachna

Post by docachna »

slidelock15 wrote:Yes, the letter said "I am denying your permit, as it is not completed" He is giving me 10 days to requesting a hearing. The letter is dated 02/03/17. It is signed Urias Hall jr, Deputy/CCW Supervisor. The letter also says the sheriff asked The Ohio Attorney Generals Office why the Social Security number was optional, but was still required. The response was the SS# was required for the background check.
FOIA request for those communications to/from the AG. I'll wager the actual text might differ slightly from the Sheriff's description.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
slidelock

Post by slidelock »

Yup, but I'll bet the Open Records Request gets filled after the Sheriffs' 10 day deadline is up, although it probably doesn't matter. I remain convinced that a Mandamus action is the final solution. I'll get to work on the Open Records Request tomorrow. Mail Thursday. Then we'll see what happens. Any suggestions on wording the request? I am probably competent to get an adequate letter out, but I value your experience.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

slidelock wrote:Yup, but I'll bet the Open Records Request gets filled after the Sheriffs' 10 day deadline is up, although it probably doesn't matter. I remain convinced that a Mandamus action is the final solution. I'll get to work on the Open Records Request tomorrow. Mail Thursday. Then we'll see what happens. Any suggestions on wording the request? I am probably competent to get an adequate letter out, but I value your experience.
What specifically are you trying to request and I'll answer that? If the talk between the sheriff's and the AG it may have need handled by phone and not necessarily email. I can help with the request once I know what you exactly want.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Cruiser wrote:Denied Permit (License) or rejected Application? Seems there might be a difference!
Nope.
MyWifeSaidYes