OFCC Position on Interstate Reciprocity

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: OFCC Position on Interstate Reciprocity

Post by sd790 »

Dear sd790,

Thank you for your letter regarding concealed carry reciprocity. I appreciate this opportunity to correspond with you.

As you know, on January 1, 2017, Congressman Richard Hudson (R-NC), introduced H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. This bill would guarantee individuals who legally carry a concealed weapon in their home state may also carry in any other state that allows concealed carry. This bill has been referred to the U.S. House Judiciary Committee. While I am not a member of this committee, I will be sure to keep your views in mind should this legislation come before the full U.S. House of Representatives for a vote.

I am a firm believer in protecting a law-abiding citizen's right to own firearms. This right is enshrined in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and I do not support laws that would impede the use of firearms for hunting, self-defense, sporting, or other legal purposes. However, I strongly believe in enacting strict laws that punish those who abuse their right to bear arms.

Thank you again for taking time to contact me about this issue. Your opinions are important, and I appreciate you taking the time to share them with me. Rest assured I will keep your views in mind as this bill moves forward. If I may be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
(signed)
Patrick J. Tiberi
Representative to Congress
While he didn't address my direct request to be a co-sponsor, he did acknowledge my correspondence. I'll give him partial credit for the answer. :)
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

If my response is like that, I intend to write him back using the word "CO-SPONSOR" in capital letters.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Tesser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Tesser »

My 2 cents... I am impressed Mr. Mulivor.
Liberty is the soul's right to breathe, and when it cannot take a long breath, laws are girdled too tight.

HENRY WARD BEECHER, Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit
Dr. Detroit
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Dr. Detroit »

Tesser wrote:My 2 cents... I am impressed Mr. Mulivor.
Thank you. It's patriots like you that keep me going forward in our effort to create better firearms laws.

Phil Mulivor AKA Dr. Detroit
Dr. Detroit
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Dr. Detroit »

If you are interested in a discussion of interstate reciprocity and how it relates to the Constitution's Commerce Clause, see my article here:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/02/13 ... ciprocity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;