Form to List MH Treatment and Prescriptions

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Form to List MH Treatment and Prescriptions

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

AlanM wrote:...I would suggest recording any and all telephone conversations from now on...
Brian D. wrote:...MWSY likely doesn't take the trash can to the curb without running one or more recorders...
I have only one thing to say...

Sony ICD-PX312

:wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

So, no 'late fees' in Ross County (Preble County...you're next).

Made a couple of calls today with various questions.

Decided another in-person visit is called for.

I'll be in Chillecothe again in the morning.
MyWifeSaidYes
M1956

Post by M1956 »

Funny how a simple question can spark a major battle. Looking forward to reading your end result.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Some High Sheriffs are relatively easy to work with, and are somewhat reasonable people.

Others get used to being "King of the Holler", and the first word that even implies one is not bowing to their every whim, results in knee-jerk opposition, and refusal to do even that which the High Sheriff knows good and well he must do under the law. ("Big fish/little pond", followed by "you're not the boss o' me !!!!).

It will be very interesting to see how the Ross County Sheriff emerges from this one. If he obfuscates or resists, I'm hopeful MWSY involves the County Prosecutor (who technically rules over even the High Sheriff in such matters) and the County Commissioners (who sign his paycheck) sooner rather than later. My guess is that if he digs in his heels, once either the Prosecutor or the Commissioners realize the position into which he is placing the County, those heels may be lifted pretty quickly. :mrgreen:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

In for the updates....
-Aaron
sirbutchford

Post by sirbutchford »

Me too
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:So, no 'late fees' in Ross County (Preble County...you're next).

Made a couple of calls today with various questions.

Decided another in-person visit is called for.

I'll be in Chillecothe again in the morning.

I've said this before but it needs said again. For all you do, thank you.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Sorry, folks.

I could not get time last week to return to the Ross County SO. I fully intended to go today, but the schools closed for the day and I decided to stick around and harass the kids.

I DID, however, put together and send the following email to Dep. Hall:
Dear Dep. Hall-

I hope this email finds you as I never received a response to the email I sent on 12/23/16. I'm assuming that one was received during a vacation or holiday break and simply overlooked.

My name is "MWSY" and I stopped in and spoke with you briefly last Monday (1/23). Thank you for answering the questions I had emailed you about renewing my CHL.

Additionally that day, I asked for a blank copy of the 'mental health' form your county uses as part of the CHL issuing process. At first, you did not acknowledge that you used a form separate from the actual CHL application, most likely because I did not and do not know what it is called.

You then said you could not give me a copy of this blank form without getting permission from a superior officer, none of which were available since it was just after 4pm. Sorry about catching you as you were leaving.

My intent with this email is two-fold.

First, I would like to again request a copy of that mental health form. If available in electronic format, please email it to me. If not, please let me know when I can stop in and pick it up. As I mentioned to you, I do not believe that you are allowed to use such a form as part of the CHL application process, but would like to examine said form before pursuing the matter further.

Secondly, I would like to know what your actual costs are for running a background check on a first-time CHL applicant that has been a resident of Ohio for less than 5 years. Specifically, I want to know how much the FBI fee is and documentation thereof. I also want to know what other fees are charged to such an applicant and the amounts of those fees.

While I take exception to your assertion that "Any county can do anything they want to." regarding the CHL process, and to your direction that an applicant must certify TO YOU that they have read the latest AG CHL Manual, and the "requirement" to bring in an original course completion certificate when renewing from a different county, I will address those later.

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone in your department with the requested information and the authority to reply.

Thanks!

-"MWSY"
January 30, 2017
MyWifeSaidYes
docachna

Post by docachna »

15-0, MWSY :lol:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
dowop

Post by dowop »

MWSY.
I would also like to thank you for all you do.
In regards to Ross County I like another poster looked a number of Ohio Sheriffs websites & Ross County is the only that seems to even mention about there mental competency background checks.
That coupled with the fees sure does not sound right.
slidelock15

Post by slidelock15 »

MWSY, I work in Ross County. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. If so, be specific and I'll get it done.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Okay.

Slidelock and I stopped by the Ross County Sheriff's office today.

I was again stonewalled by Deputy Vicki Hall. This time, however, she straight out told me she wasn't going to give me a copy of their mental health and prescription medication questionnaire.

She also claims that she has never received any of my emails. I may give her the benefit of the doubt on that one. She really has no reason to deny receiving them. I may have a chat with their IT guy.

Anyway, I have some audio of our conversation. She speaks really softly, so I apologize for how loud I sound in comparison.

I also left a letter with the front desk for the Sheriff. I'll post that below the audio link.

Audio: http://noicefamilyfirearms.com/resource ... -10-17.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
February 10, 2017

Dear Sheriff Lavender-

My name is "MWSY" and I am the Compliance Coordinator for Ohioans for Concealed Carry.

Ohioans for Concealed Carry, founded in 1999, is a grassroots political activist organization. When founded, the primary goal of OFCC was getting concealed carry passed into law in Ohio. With that accomplished, our mission became to refine the concealed carry law and to expand and preserve the rights of all gun owners in Ohio.

My duties within our organization include contacting any public agency, municipality or other political subdivision of the state regarding their violations or misinterpretations of the law.

It has come to my attention that the Ross County Sheriff is requiring Ohio CHL applicants to fill out a ‘mental health and prescription info’ form, requiring a renewal applicant from a different county to provide their original training certificate and that CHL applicants who have lived in Ohio for less that 5 years are being charged $98 instead of the standard $91 ($67 CHL fee and $24 FBI fee).

On December 23, 2017 I sent an email to Deputy Vicki Hall (vhall@rosssheriff.com) requesting what would be needed to renew my CHL in Ross county. I never received a reply, but wrote that off to the holiday and vacation season.

On January 23, 2017 I asked Deputy Hall, in person, for a blank copy of the mental health form. She refused to provide me with a copy without permission. There was no one available that day to give such permission.

I have since sent emails and left voicemails as to the status of getting a copy of this form. None of those emails or voicemails have been returned.

I attempted to leave you a voicemail today, shortly after 11am, and your voicemail system hung up on me.

This leads me to writing this letter and dropping it off in person. Hopefully this finds you, eventually.

I still need a copy of that form. I would also like to discuss the fees and other requirements being placed on Ohio CHL applicants.

Thanks!

-"MWSY"
MyWifeSaidYes
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I need to buy more popcorn.
This is REALLY getting entertaining.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
M1956

Post by M1956 »

I opine it's a safe bet that ignoring the inquiry will not make it go away!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

So, according to her own words, a deputy of a sheriff's dept that doesn't even know what the counties are that are next to the county she works for? :roll: