Form to List MH Treatment and Prescriptions

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Form to List MH Treatment and Prescriptions

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

M1956 wrote:I opine it's a safe bet that ignoring the inquiry will not make it go away!
I'm sure that's what they're hoping:

"Can I have a copy of that form?"

"No."

"Oh. Okay."

:roll:
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Well, folks...

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but work got in the way.

Sheriff Lavender of Ross County called me yesterday. I was at work and did not have a chance to record the call. :cry:

Short story: All the issues have been resolved.

Long story: Um, well...all the issues have been resolved. :P

The Sheriff stated that the form mentioned in the OP is simply from an earlier time and is now a duplication of effort because the application and background check either ask for, or check for, the same info. That form has been removed from use.

He stated that the fee for an FBI check ($98 vs the standard $91) was originally calculated to cover some other process. I don't recall exactly what he described, but the standard $91 fee is now in place.

I think we completely skipped the Deputy's requirement of an out-of-county renewal requiring an original training certificate. I'll see what happens when I renew there in a few weeks. I live in adjacent Hocking county.

And I know we didn't even go near the Deputy's requirement of certifying TO HER that you've read the latest AG CHL Manual. Again, the application takes care of that.

All in all, it was a good and productive discussion...but wait !! There's more !!
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Today I received a voicemail from Deputy Vicki Hall.

Here is the audio:

http://noicefamilyfirearms.com/resource ... -14-17.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:twisted: :mrgreen: 8) :roll: :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

docachna wrote:15-0, MWSY :lol:
Game. Set. Match.

Next county? 8)
MyWifeSaidYes
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Well, folks...

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but work got in the way.

Sheriff Lavender of Ross County called me yesterday. I was at work and did not have a chance to record the call. :cry:

The Sheriff stated that the form mentioned in the OP is simply from an earlier time and is now a duplication of effort because the application and background check either ask for, or check for, the same info. That form has been removed from use.

He stated that the fee for an FBI check ($98 vs the standard $91) was originally calculated to cover some other process. I don't recall exactly what he described, but the standard $91 fee is now in place.

I think we completely skipped the Deputy's requirement of an out-of-county renewal requiring an original training certificate. I'll see what happens when I renew there in a few weeks. I live in adjacent Hocking county.

And I know we didn't even go near the Deputy's requirement of certifying TO HER that you've read the latest AG CHL Manual. Again, the application takes care of that.

All in all, it was a good and productive discussion...but wait !! There's more !!
From the OP:
Is it common for the Sheriffs office to use a standalone form on renewals that you check off if you have been convicted of a crime; been treated by a psychologist or psychiatrist and any "mental health" type drugs?
So is he saying the background check BCI does checks for psychologist visits or if you've been prescribed "mental health" type drugs?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
docachna wrote:15-0, MWSY :lol:
Game. Set. Match.

Next county? 8)
Sandusky :wink:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p4371377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ARMYADS wrote:I just renewed a couple weeks ago in Sandusky county. I left my SS of the renewal and was told by the deputy there that it was a misprint on the renewal form and that the SS# is mandatory for renewal. Filled it in, paid my money and was on my merry way in about ten minutes.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M1956

Post by M1956 »

Excellent follow through. I'll be joining OhioCCWForums in the next day or so (we are on the road). Nice to see the system work. Great job!
Dr. Detroit
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Dr. Detroit »

Good job.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Dr. Detroit wrote:
Good job.
It's what I do. :wink:

I also received info from another forumite that Deputy Hall is having folks sign a release for juvenile records.

I also decided to contact the IT guys and ask if my emails ever actually reached Deputy Hall...you know...like the one from January 30 where I actually asked for specific information.

The IT guys are pretty certain my email hit her inbox, based on the email server log file.

I left another voicemail for Sheriff Lavender letting him know that the juvenile records form should be voluntary and say so in big letters on the form, if they are going to use it at all.

I also let him know that he should make sure his deputies aren't deleting emails that request information in a fashion that could be considered an open record request...and that Deputy Hall should have received my email based on the info I received from IT...and that I wouldn't want her to get into trouble if she accidentally deleted such an email.

Also, I'm pretty sure I will be renewing in Ross county. That will make it easier to pick up a copy of the mental health form and the juvenile records release form.
MyWifeSaidYes
Dr. Detroit
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Dr. Detroit »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:. . . I'm pretty sure I will be renewing in Ross county . . .
I would renew there myself if I could.
dowop

Post by dowop »

M-Quigley wrote:

From the OP:
Is it common for the Sheriffs office to use a standalone form on renewals that you check off if you have been convicted of a crime; been treated by a psychologist or psychiatrist and any "mental health" type drugs?
So is he saying the background check BCI does checks for psychologist visits or if you've been prescribed "mental health" type drugs?
It sounds that way to me. If that is the case was BCI check changed?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

No.

This Sheriff's office was doing things wrong.
MyWifeSaidYes