Form to List MH Treatment and Prescriptions

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Form to List MH Treatment and Prescriptions

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Folks...it's a thing.

Dpy. Hall did not at first acknowledge the above-mentioned form, but finally did after I made it clear that I knew of its existence.

She would not give me a blank copy of the form without getting permission to do so. I'll give her that one as I got there at closing time (4pm).

She also confirmed that the fee IS $98 for those in the state less than 5 years, but couldn't say why all the other sheriff's only charge $91.

AND she wants you to bring in your original certificate if you are renewing from a different county.

I'll be on the phone to them when they open at 8am tomorrow.
MyWifeSaidYes
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
docachna

Post by docachna »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Folks...it's a thing.

Dpy. Hall did not at first acknowledge the above-mentioned form, but finally did after I made it clear that I knew of its existence.

She would not give me a blank copy of the form without getting permission to do so. I'll give her that one as I got there at closing time (4pm).

She also confirmed that the fee IS $98 for those in the state less than 5 years, but couldn't say why all the other sheriff's only charge $91.

AND she wants you to bring in your original certificate if you are renewing from a different county.

I'll be on the phone to them when they open at 8am tomorrow.
Ohboyohboyohboy.............

* "Dep. Hall - where in the O.R.C. is your office either required or permitted to request this information, as a precondition to issuance of an OLTCACH ?"

(after "I have no idea"): * "Who is the person in your department that is responsible for the operation of applications for OLTCACH's ?"

(after "(s)he's busy"): * "I would like to speak to the High Sheriff, please."

(after "make an appointment"): * Can you please give me the numbers for the office of the County Prosecutor, and the office of the County Commissioners ?"

This is gonna be fun to watch.............. :roll:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Ross County Deputy Sheriff Vicki Hall, in reference to a Sheriff issuing a CHL:

"Any county can do anything they want to."

Statement uttered on January 23, 2017 at approximately 4:05 pm.

:? :roll:
MyWifeSaidYes
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Ross County Deputy Sheriff Vicki Hall, in reference to a Sheriff issuing a CHL:

A rather provocative statement.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Oh boy. This is going to be good. :shock:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Ross County Deputy Sheriff Vicki Hall, in reference to a Sheriff issuing a CHL:

Did anybody let the Ohio AG's office know what's going on there yet? The head guy is (imo) a wuss, but he does still have political aspirations towards a bigger job, last I checked.

If only Dave Yost had that position, he'd drop the hammer on this kind of behavior.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Brian D. wrote:Did anybody let the Ohio AG's office know what's going on there yet? The head guy is (imo) a wuss, but he does still have political aspirations towards a bigger job, last I checked.
Not yet. I'm still working to uncover the depths of impropriety at the Ross County SO.

And, if it comes to it, Jonathan Fulkerson, Deputy Chief Counsel at the AG's office is who I would contact. I don't bother him as long as someone at the target agency will talk to me.
Brian D. wrote:If only Dave Yost had that position, he'd drop the hammer on this kind of behavior.
IMHO, Mr. Yost is in the perfect position, for now.

We already know that Ross Co. is charging more for the FBI check than other counties. I still have to confirm that they are also charging a "late fee" for renewing an expired CHL. I would hate to think that the Sheriff is charging unlawful fees.

Those are things an Auditor of State may take an interest in. I know the former Athens County Sheriff had LOTS of things for the Auditor to find. :twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Good point about Dave Yost. I'd overlooked the part about Ross Co. charging more than authorized. With our Ohio Auditor running point and holding his hand, the Ohio AG may not be ascared to take action.

********************************************************************************
docachna

Post by docachna »

Twenty bucks says the High Sheriff refutes that statement posthaste. If he has half a brain, that is.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

By a weird coincidence (?) The Dave Yost for Ohio Attorney General Facebook page came across my feed a little earlier today. I thought about posting there to give him a shout-out about what seems to be going on in Ross County, but it's too soon and I don't want to interfere with what's already being done by others here.

docachna

Post by docachna »

docachna wrote:

Twenty bucks says the High Sheriff refutes that statement posthaste. If he has half a brain, that is.
Missed a spot............"or the deputy will call you a bald-faced liar and deny ever saying anything remotely like that."

/cue digital recorder/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I'm popping an extra big bag just for this one.

I would suggest recording any and all telephone conversations from now on.
Ohio being a one person state when it comes to recording legality.
ie Only one person in a conversation needs to be aware that a recording is being made.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Alan, that is of course very very very good advice. But, MWSY likely doesn't take the trash can to the curb without running one or more recorders. I don't recall if the two of you have ever met, so just fyi.

sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer