Grocery Stores with a Bar

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Grocery Stores with a Bar

Post by scottb »

Ok to carry or no? It seems that I have read here somewhere that it is off limits but cannot seem to find the thread. Thanks
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Grocery Stores with a Bar

Post by JustaShooter »

As long as you have a CHL, are not drinking, and they are not posted with a "no guns" sign then you are fine. And, don't worry about the liquor control sign, like the one below. It does not apply to you if you have a CHL And are not drinking.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Well that was fast. I have carried into one for a long time. Somewhere here I got the impression that it was not okay to do. Thanks for clarifying!
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

There are actually grocery stores with bars? :shock:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

glocksmith wrote:There are actually grocery stores with bars? :shock:
I think the correct terminology is "husband day care center".
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Face

Post by Face »

glocksmith wrote:There are actually grocery stores with bars? :shock:
I'd almost NOT carry if mine had 1 and forced to accompany the wife. Only bar in mine is Star$$$$,
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Our local grocery store has a bar where you can order wines and craft beers. No hard stuff.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

The local Buehlers grocery store out my way , has a restuarant in their grocery store....not, (in my opinion), a "traditional" "bar".

You can order beer or wine with your meal. The "bar" area only has about ten seats

Your profile info says your from the Wooster area........is Buehlers the rest. your talking about because I think there's one out that way.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

The Buehler family is here in Wooster. There are two Buehlers stores here. The one at the north end of town has a restaurant and a small bar. The store here in Wooster bought the local state store (used to be Gary's) as well. Buehlers stores in orrville and Dover also have state stores inside.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Cincy can top that. We used to have a laundromat with a bar and music stage attached to it LOL.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

glocksmith wrote:Cincy can top that. We used to have a laundromat with a bar and music stage attached to it LOL.
It made sense because of being in the U of Cincinnati neighborhood back when the mission statements of colleges hadn't yet become " Don't let the students spend any extra dollars outside campus property".

That place was called Sudsy Malone's and was the first place many new bands played outside of the lead guitarist's parent's garage/basement. A co-worker's younger brother fronted a horrible group called "Johnny Toaster and the Microwave Ovens". Thank goodness the draft beer was cheap and the dryers were noisy enough to drown out the "music" they made! :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

glocksmith wrote:Cincy can top that. We used to have a laundromat with a bar and music stage attached to it LOL.
Sounds like all that was missing were stripper poles. 8)

(for those "students" working their way through college.)
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tru-Heathen wrote:
Sounds like all that was missing were stripper poles. 8)

(for those "students" working their way through college.)
That sort of "co-op program" opportunity doesn't exist here in Cincinnati/Hamilton County.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

scottb wrote:The Buehler family is here in Wooster. There are two Buehlers stores here. The one at the north end of town has a restaurant and a small bar. The store here in Wooster bought the local state store (used to be Gary's) as well. Buehlers stores in orrville and Dover also have state stores inside.
I think the "bar" in Buehler's Milltown is more of a craft beer sampling station. It's not really a place where folks sit around and drink. That said, I don't drink, so I've never really sat there, but I don't see anyone else doing it, either.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Stop in there on a Friday evening. It's not like a bar in its typical connotation, but there certainly are a handful of people there enjoying themselves.