law for carring inside your car

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

outbackmac

law for carring inside your car

Post by outbackmac »

When carring in your car, do you have to have your gun on your person? or can you have it located in a under the sterring wheel mount?
deanimator

Re: law for carring inside your car

Post by deanimator »

outbackmac wrote:When carring in your car, do you have to have your gun on your person? or can you have it located in a under the sterring wheel mount?
There is no longer a requirement to have the gun on your body in a holster, or in a closed container.

As a matter of fact, the OHP claims you can drive down the street twirling it on your finger! I don't recommend that. :D
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Just a quick caveat - that applies to Ohio, other states may vary so be sure to check their laws before crossing state lines.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

deanimator wrote:
outbackmac wrote:When carring in your car, do you have to have your gun on your person? or can you have it located in a under the sterring wheel mount?
There is no longer a requirement to have the gun on your body in a holster, or in a closed container.

As a matter of fact, the OHP claims you can drive down the street twirling it on your finger! I don't recommend that. :D
I saw Brian doing that once..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens