"Class 3 Concealed Carry Permit"

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bombarde32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: "Class 3 Concealed Carry Permit"

Post by Bombarde32 »

A possible response: "Good for you! Keep at it and maybe someday you'll be upgraded to a Class 4 double-platinum permit, like I have. Dang, I left it at home today..."

Pile the manure higher and higher! :D
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

The short answer is that this guy is full of crap.

That said, the term "Class 3," as applied to federal firearms dealers licenses, is often shorthand for NFA firearms, which are generally classified as dangerous ordnance under Ohio law, and you can apply for a dangerous ordnance license under R.C. 2923.18, although you won't find many CLEOs who are anxious to issue them. The license itself can actually be very restrictive as to where you can carry dangerous ordnance.

For that matter, it doesn't make you a special snowflake, and it doesn't carry any weight outside the State of Ohio.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
mreising

Post by mreising »

This thread just reminded me that I need to renew my hand grenade carry license. It has two parts: one for carrying and one to permit throwing. :wink:
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

mreising wrote:This thread just reminded me that I need to renew my hand grenade carry license. It has two parts: one for carrying and one to permit throwing. :wink:
Didn't you hear? They added a "Pull the Pin" rider that costs extra...
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

147Doc wrote:
mreising wrote:This thread just reminded me that I need to renew my hand grenade carry license. It has two parts: one for carrying and one to permit throwing. :wink:
Didn't you hear? They added a "Pull the Pin" rider that costs extra...
We should only issue carry and pull the pin for terrorists - no throwing.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
robbo

Post by robbo »

djmac1964 wrote:Maybe he meant that he had to take three classes before he could qualify. :wink:

+1 :lol:
High Power

Post by High Power »

It always amazes me that there are so many people that will say the most outlandish things about themselves to make themselves look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNPmhBl-8I
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
sparky43040

Post by sparky43040 »

Good post I haven't heard that lie for awhile!!! I would get on a plane "once" just to hold the door open for her :mrgreen:
High Power

Post by High Power »

Back to the topic: If the wannabe flashes a fake class 3 carry permit then you could always pull out this one. With a little work from photo shop, one could always put his or her photo and name in place. WARNING: If stopped by a LEO and they asked to see your CHL don't make a mistake and show them this.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

Bombarde32 wrote:A possible response: "Good for you! Keep at it and maybe someday you'll be upgraded to a Class 4 double-platinum permit, like I have. Dang, I left it at home today..."

Pile the manure higher and higher! :D

I like the way you think.