New to CC . How Do You Carry, When.........?????

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: New to CC . How Do You Carry, When.........?????

Post by schmieg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Greenleaf4902 wrote:Thank you very much !
I used to take long hikes along secluded portions of the canal (still do time to time) and felt uncomfortable w/o an ACP (pistol) and at same time felt uncomfortable carrying illegally. Now I have the permit!
Prior to establishing our concealed carry laws, you would have been able to carry under the "prudent person" defense.

Prosecutor: "Why did you have a gun?"

Defendant: "Because in that area, you'd be an idiot not to have one."

Judge: "Case dismissed!"
Back in the late 70's, I defended a businessman who had taken his daily receipts to put in the night deposit at the bank and who carried a pistol whenever he did so. He was in a car accident leaving the bank and the police found the gun and charged him. It went to trial and we won, but it cost him just about the amount he deposited that night (not to mention the damage to his Corvette).
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: New to CC . How Do You Carry, When.........?????

Post by WestonDon »

Greenleaf4902 wrote:
What if I stop at a restaurant? Say Bob Evans. What if there is a" no carry sign on door? Go back to car and lock it up or call ahead and ask? What if I cannot call ahead? Say the wife and I want to stop for a movie during a road trip. And I didn't call ahead. Or should I have? So if I can't carry in the movie theater do I go back to the car? Lock up the gun somehow?
Go back to the car and drive to another restaurant, theater, whatever. Leave a "NO GUNS=NO MONEY" card if possible.

WARNING: Obtaining spousal consent is highly recommended before taking the above action.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member