Obtaining a replacement card

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ricks2524

Obtaining a replacement card

Post by ricks2524 »

My current card is worn to the extent that most information including photo is almost gone. I need to get a replacement. Do I need to go to the county of issue and is there a cost. ? I still have 2 years left on this card
Rick
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Ruger P345
Proud member of OFCC
Member NRA
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Obtaining a replacement card

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Yes you need to go to the county that originally issued the license. The cost is $15.

2923.125(E)
If a concealed handgun license issued under this section is lost or is destroyed, the licensee may obtain from the sheriff who issued that license a duplicate license upon the payment of a fee of fifteen dollars and the submission of an affidavit attesting to the loss or destruction of the license. The sheriff, in accordance with the procedures prescribed in section 109.731 of the Revised Code, shall place on the replacement license a combination of identifying numbers different from the combination on the license that is being replaced.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

How do you guys wear out the CHL card? Mine is the same quality as my Drivers License!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Cruiser wrote:How do you guys wear out the CHL card? Mine is the same quality as my Drivers License!
That's a good question, mine is 5 months shy of expiring and still looks fairly new minus some dirt on the edges.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Some counties go cheap on them, and provide no sleeve/envelope. The first issues from Clermont were that way. Now they are better quality, plus you get that sort of butcher paper sleeve.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

There's no excuse anymore. Lake County gives you one as solid as your driver's license, and generally within 10-20 minutes of you walking in the door with your application.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

JonasM wrote:There's no excuse anymore. Lake County gives you one as solid as your driver's license, and generally within 10-20 minutes of you walking in the door with your application.
Agreed,Hardin Co. gave me one that is laminated just like my Driver's license. No sleeve needed.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Cruiser wrote:How do you guys wear out the CHL card? Mine is the same quality as my Drivers License!
Mercer County and no sleeve!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Is it possible some people have CHL cards that did not get a top lamination layer?
MyWifeSaidYes
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

My Wayne County license looks pretty rough after 3 years. The colored items (picture, etc.) are all wearing off. Te black printed items (name, DOB, etc.) look good. I'm not sure that the picture will make it two more years.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

My card looks fine but its laminated on both sides too, so.....

But I don't care how worn it gets, I'm not pay'in another 15 bucks for one when I shouldn't have to be required to get one in the first place.

I go to Holmes and they laminate them, btw.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
CCIman

Post by CCIman »

If you carry the card in a wallet with a clear plastic panel, the clear plastic material sucks the color off the CCW card and the picture is blurred - happened to me. Part of my image is on the plastic of the wallet.
'CAN' does not equal "SHOULD'.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

This
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
mreising

Post by mreising »

CCIman wrote:
If you carry the card in a wallet with a clear plastic panel, the clear plastic material sucks the color off the CCW card and the picture is blurred - happened to me. Part of my image is on the plastic of the wallet.
To quote Carmen: ^^This^^
I carried my first license in a clear plastic part of my wallet and my picture started to wear out. By the time that one was renewed, I had no eyes in the photo. I looked like the cartoon Little Orphan Annie. It may depend on the county that issues the license and whether they do a clear-coat on the printed plastic. I've never had a driver's license wear out.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
CCIman

Post by CCIman »

mreising wrote:
CCIman wrote:
To quote Carmen: ^^This^^
I carried my first license in a clear plastic part of my wallet and my picture started to wear out. By the time that one was renewed, I had no eyes in the photo. I looked like the cartoon Little Orphan Annie. It may depend on the county that issues the license and whether they do a clear-coat on the printed plastic. I've never had a driver's license wear out.
Sorry guys, but I carried the license in the same wallet on the other side under the same plastic window and it does not have the same wear as the CHL.

Bottom line, unless they were made in the same machine, using the same materials, the CHL's made at Hamilton County Sheriff's are fragile-- even the ink on the back is starting to wear off. Probably designed to generate more fees.
'CAN' does not equal "SHOULD'.