Carrying at work, question

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedPatriots

Re: Carrying at work, question

Post by ArmedPatriots »

JediSkipdogg wrote: How? The Supreme Court has already ruled numerous times (one being a rape case where police simply drove by the house without stopping) that police have no duty to protect you even if they know a crime is going to occur. So not much a lawyer can do in a case like that.
A bit of irony of that particular incident with my son and the cops coming later was.....I told them if they werent going to take it seriously then what would happen is this freak would end up trying to grab someone elses kid and the parents would put a bullet in him themselves.
The cops response kind of made me want to slap the ***** out of him.
"well, then YOU will end up in jail"

1. If Im protecting my kid from a stranger trying to grab them....no, I wont end up in jail.
2. EVEN IF I would end up in jail, did this clown actually think Id CARE that Id go to jail for keeping my son from being grabbed by some child molesting pedophile?

I couldnt believe this guys attitude given how serious child abduction has become the last couple decades.
Isnt it ironic that the anti gun agenda response to defenseless people being murdered is to try to make them even more defenseless...
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

M-Quigley wrote: Almost every place I've ever worked for, (with the obvious exception of security and LE) has had the same policy r/t employees, no carrying of weapons. In addition to company policy, one place even had a gun buster sign posted at the employee entrance, but not at the customer entrance.
I have to wonder if that would work for legal purposes.
couldnt the employee simply walk thru the front door instead?
And wouldnt the business then technically be posted for all (even if not 'conspicuous' and not enforceable for customers who didnt see it) ?
Isnt it ironic that the anti gun agenda response to defenseless people being murdered is to try to make them even more defenseless...
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

gaptrick wrote:And who is "CPD"?? Cleveland? Canton? Cincinnati" Coshocton? Conneaut? I could go on... Without a location in your profile we guess at who is or isn't being cooperative.
Sorry...Columbus PD....late 1990s