WV Provisional Concealed Carry License

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: WV Provisional Concealed Carry License

Post by WestonDon »

Slightly off topic here but I just have to ask. Just what is the purpose of a provisional license? Provisional predicated on what? Are there additional restrictions that do not apply to a "regular" license?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
BlueCyclone

Post by BlueCyclone »

So I received a call back this morning from Ethan with the Ohio Attorney Generals Office and he stated that Ohio has 100% reciprocity with all states for persons traveling into and thru Ohio on a temporary basis. When I again asked specifically on the "provisional" CCW that WV enacted this May, he then suggested that I speak directly to the Sheriff of the specific county that we would be traveling to. What a crock! Anyhow for starters, I sent an email to the Washington county Sheriff's office asking this specific question again. Will keep you posted!
When in doubt shoot again. Remove the threat.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

WestonDon wrote:Slightly off topic here but I just have to ask. Just what is the purpose of a provisional license? Provisional predicated on what? Are there additional restrictions that do not apply to a "regular" license?
It's just what they call their license for those aged 18 to 20.
MyWifeSaidYes
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

There's gotta be some difference between the provisional and the regular? Otherwise why have two different ones?
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:There's gotta be some difference between the provisional and the regular? Otherwise why have two different ones?
The Provisional license is for those over 18 but under 21, and only covers handguns. A full WV license covers other deadly weapons.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Thanks.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
BlueCyclone

Post by BlueCyclone »

Ok, Guys and Gals, We can't see to get anything directly from the Ohio AGO, so thru several friends and LEO's pushing the issue, WV finally sent out what they know so far. The NRA-ILA picked it up yesterday and posted it online.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016100 ... ecognition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really want to thank AG Patrick Morrisey here in WV for pushing this as much as he has to protect our 2nd Amendment rights!
When in doubt shoot again. Remove the threat.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

States which recognize both a provisional CHL and a traditional CHL: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah & Wyoming
I have to say I'm surprised - pleased, but surprised.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Print it out and have her carry it with her.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB