When Will the Lawmakers Wake Up...

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: When Will the Lawmakers Wake Up...

Post by charliej47 »

keepitsimple wrote:The following is an opinion that I once overheard in a coffee shop lounge regarding another internet forum's rules that may have certain parallels to this subject.

"Don't forget that "legal" isn't the same thing as right, and "illegal" isn't the same thing as wrong. It's just whether an act has been documented as being illegal or not. One can make all kinds of good acts, such as feeding the homeless, illegal while allowing despicable acts, such as civil forfeiture, to be legal.

I've already decided that for this one company's conglomeration of internet message boards, forum rules are moving into a place where they no longer bother to even consider right and wrong, they are merely the expression of power for one faction or another. So, I don't feel bad about ignoring the forum rules. If rules are not about right and wrong, and we have clear evidence that rules are being applied in a discriminatory fashion (that is, applied to some people but not others), then the only thing I need to concern myself with is the risk of being caught; not of the moral need to obey the forum rule.

I'm coming late to that understanding, as millions of people already say, "whatever, I'll do what I want and just try not to get caught." I used to think poorly of these people, now I'm beginning to understand them. Following the forum rules because you're afraid of getting caught is one thing. Following the forum rules because you think it's the right thing to do is another. I won't commit theft or rape, because I'm morally opposed to those actions. At this point, however, the idea that a forum rule will keep me from doing what I think is my right and what the bill of rights confirms as my protected right has passed. If it becomes illegal in this nation to post on an internet forum, I'll just post it illegally. Simple."

Again though, this is only a bad regurgitation of a random stranger's overheard opinion on an unrelated subject pertaining to an internet forum far less sophisticated than the OFCC forums, FWIW. Everyone here follows the forum rules and I wouldn't suggest anyone ever do otherwise.
I will soon be 70 yrs old. I have carried a weapon since I was 17. I never bragged, never showed it nor ever had to use it but one time. I will follow the "rules" and "laws" as much as possible but I WILL ALWAYS BE THE FINAL JUDGE ON MY PERSONAL BELIEFS AND RIGHTS! I went to war because I believed that I owed a price for the benefits of living in this country.

I will go to jail if need be to uphold my personal beliefs.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

To combat the concept that "Lawmakers" are the ignorant ones...
Silly us; turns out that money isn't all that important if you can conflate entertainment with the electoral process. Trump masters TV, TV so-called news picks up and repeats and repeats to death this opinionated blowhard and his hairbrained ideas, free-floating discontent attaches to a seeming strongman and we're off and running...

...but what we are dealing with now is dead serious. How does this get handled in the general? Secretary Clinton is not an entertainer, and not a celebrity in the Trump, Kardashian mold; what can she do to offset this? I'm certain the poll-directed insiders are sure things will default to policy as soon as the conventions are over, but I think not. And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly. This problem demands some serious, serious thinking - and not just poll driven, demographically-inspired messaging.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Q: HRC meetings with Goldman and others?

I dunno. But I did public speaking. Its fun

Q: What do you think she is giving away in those meetings?

She doesn't want the people knowing about her relationships on Wall Street

She wants to achieve consistency and the best way to do that is to keep the people ignorant
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
e3mrk

Post by e3mrk »

It's not when will the Law Makers wake up but when will We wake up and stop electing the same old People to office?