Regarding Signage

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CCWHolder

Regarding Signage

Post by CCWHolder »

I have a question that I cant find the answer to anywhere [Probably just looking in the wrong areas . . . knowing my luck]. . . .

I have never done this, but have thought about it several times.

Scenario: A business posts the "Firearms Forbidden" sign outside their facility.

My question: I am thinking about the safest option, I would not want to leave my weapon inside my vehicle, with ammo near it/loaded in it [God forbid some HE-RO busts my window while I am away and steals my weapon, then turns it on me because I was not allowed to take it into this business]. Is it lawful to remove all ammo from the weapon and take this ammo with me?

Now, I am speaking about places like your local Skyline [Mine has such a sign posted], or some grocery store that has this signage posted, NOT government buildings, school zones, or other restricted areas by the State of Ohio.

Thanks for your time.
pirateguy191

Re: Regarding Signage

Post by pirateguy191 »

Ammo is not a deadly weapon.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Like you pointed out, schools don't allow dangerous ordnance along with their regulation against firearms. But yet I can still bring my cannon to football games and shoot it. :shock:

But regular businesses can post but those signs really only mean firearms and don't pertain just to ammo alone.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

There are thin pistol safes that fit under car seats and cable lock to the supports of same. Also, try to patronize businesses that don't post, and carry within.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Nor is the slide of your semi-auto.

Or the bolt carrier group of your AR.

Car storage is actually a very good place to keep a trigger lock, just in case you find that you have to store your gun.
MyWifeSaidYes
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

CCCWholder:

Note that while carrying in ammunition or firearms components (slide, for example) is legal in the case of private CPZ's, if there's Security at the door (particularly with a walk-through or wand type detector), the Guard may not know that....

I had a situation some years back where I was picking up a friend at a local Hospital ER, and left my gun in the car (it's a CPZ). I neglected to leave my spare magazine, though, and the guys on the door wouldn't let me in without taking the magazine back to the car! Really wouldn't have cared much, but it was about four degrees outside, and seriously icy.

My own feeling is that if I lock the vehicle, and don't leave the weapon where it can be seen, that's sufficient. Disassembly, etc., is not required. As a general rule, I avoid CPZ's entirely.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Scoutmaster

Post by Scoutmaster »

Had the exact same thing happen. The hospital had a metal detector set up. I had never seen the like in my small town hospital. The guard also wanted me to leave my knife in the car
I would personally love to spend another 30 replies educating you about the racist history of gun control, what an assault weapon is, the finer points of the law, or the varying lethality of different weapons. But I doubt you're interested. For some reason the statist side of this argument seems to think ignorance is strength. RookCastle
Each positive interaction helps to create a new normal. Tweed Ring
Cause of death: terminal failure of the victim selection process. Bobk