Obtaining a CHL from the Stark County Sheriff

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Otter

Obtaining a CHL from the Stark County Sheriff

Post by Otter »

Just thought I would shall my wife's experience in getting her CHL from the Stark County Sheriff. She didn't call and just went with her application and papers from her CHL course. She was on her way home in 30 minutes WITH her CHL. I spoke with the Sheriff at the Stark County Fair and expressed to him my pleasure with his issuing CHL's. He said that they had come a long way in issuing the licenses. I told him to keep up the good work.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Obtaining a CHL from the Stark County Sheriff

Post by JustaShooter »

They have indeed made big strides in the past couple of years. My only complaint currently is that they only accept CHL applications for the state-mandated minimum 15 hours per week. When the application load gets heavy (like ti does every time there is a highly publicized shooting), they start turning people away so you have to waste another day trying to apply.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Obtaining a CHL from the Stark County Sheriff

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Otter wrote:Just thought I would shall my wife's experience in getting her CHL from the Stark County Sheriff. She didn't call and just went with her application and papers from her CHL course. She was on her way home in 30 minutes WITH her CHL. I spoke with the Sheriff at the Stark County Fair and expressed to him my pleasure with his issuing CHL's. He said that they had come a long way in issuing the licenses. I told him to keep up the good work.
You mean they didn't tell you, you should not or were not allowed to carry at the fair ?

Seems that was their agenda this week, or at least it was the agenda of "some" of the officers this past holiday weekend.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".