Yes or No. Can I carry concealed in Pennsylvania with only a

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Otter

Yes or No. Can I carry concealed in Pennsylvania with only a

Post by Otter »

Going to Pa. and would like to carry concealed with my Ohio CHL.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Yes or No. Can I carry concealed in Pennsylvania with on

Post by JustaShooter »

You are good to go. From the PA Attorney General reciprocity web page:

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Media_a ... greements/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Category 2: States that have statutory reciprocity under 6106(b)(15) of the Uniform Firearms Act.

The following states have been granted statutory reciprocity without a formal written agreement under 6106(b)(15), based on the determination of the Attorney General that the other state has granted reciprocity to Pennsylvania license holders, and that the other state's laws governing firearms are similar.

Colorado
Iowa
Indiana
Kansas
Louisiana
Montana
North Dakota - Effective August 1, 2013 only North Dakota Class I permits are recognized in Category 2.
Ohio
Wisconsin
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Otter

Post by Otter »

Thanks
greg l

Post by greg l »

Make sure you check the laws for State Parks...12. Are firearms permitted in the park?

Firearms and archery equipment used for hunting may be uncased and ready for use only in authorized hunting areas during hunting seasons. In areas not open to hunting or during non-hunting seasons, firearms and archery equipment shall be kept in the owner’s car, trailer, or owner's building on a leased campsite. Exceptions include: law enforcement officers and individuals with a valid Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms are authorized to carry a firearm concealed on their person while they are within a state park.

the above is taken from the http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website...Greg
dingode

Post by dingode »

I thought reciprocity with PA was only for CHL's issued after a certain date? Did that change or am I way off?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

dingode wrote:I thought reciprocity with PA was only for CHL's issued after a certain date? Did that change or am I way off?
That was Texas and Wisconsin, who only recognize licenses issues March 23 2015 or later because that's when Ohio started conducting a NICS check before issuing licenses. PA recognizes all Ohio licenses no matter when they were issued.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
dingode

Post by dingode »

Awesome!