Question on a situation

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Question on a situation

Post by Ray81 »

I had a similar issue with a girl who stopped dating me because I conceal carry. Lol..go figure. Then she told me.. only cops should have guns. Lol.
After that incident I make sure I don't tell anyone about my ccw status.

Ccw is like your underwear. No one needs to know if you have it on.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Two thoughts:
StiltzM109R wrote:...Was I wrong for carrying?...
Just what forum do you think you're posting on? :P
StiltzM109R wrote:...My girlfriend didn't like my response of oh well, {inappropriate language}'em...
Bye, Felicia.
MyWifeSaidYes
nu3gawhat
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by nu3gawhat »

Ray81 wrote:I had a similar issue with a girl who stopped dating me because I conceal carry. Lol..go figure. Then she told me.. only cops should have guns. Lol.

Meh, in that situation I'd rather get that out of the way early. No point furthering a relationship with someone who would think that way. I also really wouldn't enjoy the feeling of having to hide it from someone I intend to be close to.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

nu3gawhat wrote:
Ray81 wrote:I had a similar issue with a girl who stopped dating me because I conceal carry. Lol..go figure. Then she told me.. only cops should have guns. Lol.

Meh, in that situation I'd rather get that out of the way early. No point furthering a relationship with someone who would think that way. I also really wouldn't enjoy the feeling of having to hide it from someone I intend to be close to.
She should know early on if you have a short barrel or Officer's model. :oops:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

nu3gawhat wrote:

I was thinking something similar when I saw the quote. Not telling people in general is one thing, but at the very least if you're dating someone it would probably be a good idea to at least find out their views on concealed carry, whether you tell them your status or not.

I know someone who is dating a woman and didn't bring up the subject, then went out and ordered a handgun, and signed up for a ccw class. When she found out she basically told him to get rid of the gun or else. He ended up selling the gun at a loss. If the relationship doesn't end up working out, next time he probably should check this site. :roll:

http://concealedcarrymatch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

nu3gawhat wrote:

First date: Dinner and a movie.

Second date: Hey, want to go to the range with me and try out my new EDC?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
CombatShotgunner

Post by CombatShotgunner »

Two things I won't do with out, my gun and my dog. Period. If I can't bring them I ain't going. I don't need a woman, I don't need a cat, I don't even need my truck but I will die with my dog and my gun. No one will ever change that. My ex is a professional model from New York City, doesn't like guns, bye.
docachna

Post by docachna »

CombatShotgunner wrote:Two things I won't do with out, my gun and my dog. Period. If I can't bring them I ain't going. I don't need a woman, I don't need a cat, I don't even need my truck but I will die with my dog and my gun. No one will ever change that. My ex is a professional model from New York City, doesn't like guns, bye.
She said, "Either I go, or the gun goes !".

Sure am gonna miss her...... :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Just like the song says It's time to get a new girl friend. Does she like fishing?
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Anyone who tosses a demand like that out there would not be missed at all.
docachna wrote:
CombatShotgunner wrote:Two things I won't do with out, my gun and my dog. Period. If I can't bring them I ain't going. I don't need a woman, I don't need a cat, I don't even need my truck but I will die with my dog and my gun. No one will ever change that. My ex is a professional model from New York City, doesn't like guns, bye.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Any ultimatum like that would be followed by another ultimatum soon enough. My brother foolishly sold his motorcycle but she left soon afterward anyway.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

docachna wrote:

When I was going to Quigley South Preparatory Seminary in Chiraq in the '70s, I once expressed the opinion that the school should have Junior ROTC. A female lay instructor asserted that if the school got JROTC, she'd resign. I replied, "We're really going to miss you..."
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Javelin Man wrote:
nu3gawhat wrote:

She should know early on if you have a short barrel or Officer's model. :oops:

:D
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson