ORC...

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: ORC...

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote: I was just reading that the county prosecutor in nearby Kenton County Kentucky (directly south of Cincinnati) had a handgun stolen from his vehicle a few days ago while it was parked in the garage. Seems as though he was having a party and left the garage door open for guests to easily enter and exit the house. He also left his car unlocked, and the handgun was on the seat or floor in (I think) a soft case. The prosecutor tied to make it sound like this theft was the work of a random stranger, NOT someone that was invited to the party. Hmm...that makes him sound a little naïve to me.

EDIT: Meant to mention that this attorney might be a wee bit frugal: The gun was a Taurus PT-92. I don't want to stir the "Hey now, I've got one of those and it works PERFECT!" pot, but that prosecutor gig pays pretty well, even in Kentucky. Maybe this just tickles me because I have on good authority that the Prosecutor here in Hamilton County (Cincinnati) is a true skinflint tightwad. Makes me wonder what those two having lunch together might be like...they both scoot and their respective flunkies have to handle the check.
Well, there's a guy on youtube whose opinion is after a shooting, or if you're driving through some anti gun area of the country and the police confiscate your handgun, losing a Taurus or Kel Tec is less of a loss than a Beretta or a Glock. :roll:

Regarding the bolded, I'm sure he'd like to think that.

How long has he been a prosecutor? He might not have been one when he acquired the gun. I say "acquired" because he might not have purchased the gun at all, might have obtained it by a trade of something, goods or services. Might've been a gift, who knows.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Not to get sidetracked but the Kenton County (Ky.) guy has had that job a good while now. Name is Rob Sanders.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Fyrfightr

Post by Fyrfightr »

Brian D. wrote:
docachna wrote:As to storing the weapon in the vehicle, I NEVER leave it in the car if I'm not in it. Just the way I roll. YMMV.

Garage door openers were mentioned. There's been a recent spate of nighttime vehicle burglaries in my neighborhood where they grab anything loose from the car parked in the driveway, including garage door openers. Apparently some people don't realize that giving out a garage door opener is like handing the BG a key to the house, because invariably the homeowner appears in the paper after the house gets emptied out, sputtering "I had no idea they could get into the house that way !!!!".

Duh...... :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was just reading that the county prosecutor in nearby Kenton County Kentucky (directly south of Cincinnati) had a handgun stolen from his vehicle a few days ago while it was parked in the garage. Seems as though he was having a party and left the garage door open for guests to easily enter and exit the house. He also left his car unlocked, and the handgun was on the seat or floor in (I think) a soft case. The prosecutor tied to make it sound like this theft was the work of a random stranger, NOT someone that was invited to the party. Hmm...that makes him sound a little naïve to me.

EDIT: Meant to mention that this attorney might be a wee bit frugal: The gun was a Taurus PT-92. I don't want to stir the "Hey now, I've got one of those and it works PERFECT!" pot, but that prosecutor gig pays pretty well, even in Kentucky. Maybe this just tickles me because I have on good authority that the Prosecutor here in Hamilton County (Cincinnati) is a true skinflint tightwad. Makes me wonder what those two having lunch together might be like...they both scoot and their respective flunkies have to handle the check.
News report I saw stated that his gun was issued by the county.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Fyrfightr wrote: News report I saw stated that his gun was issued by the county.
A governmental agency in the US issued a Taurus to someone?