Liberty town center

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Comey

Liberty town center

Post by Comey »

Driving in to the liberty town center they have a no guns sign, and in their online policies they have a no weapons on the property. They say it's all private property

Can a sign blanket cover all that?
mreising

Re: Liberty town center

Post by mreising »

It is already being discussed HERE. The short answer is, private property owners have a lot of leeway. The slightly longer answer is, in the parking lots it is only a civil infraction for trespass, in the buildings it is still criminal trespass. The remaining discussion is, why would you patronize them if they don't want you there? Don't give them money.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Comey wrote:Driving in to the liberty town center they have a no guns sign, and in their online policies they have a no weapons on the property. They say it's all private property

Can a sign blanket cover all that?
Yes and no. Yes, they can blanket all of the non-apartment areas. Apartments they cannot prohibit and they have acknowledged if you live there or are visiting someone that lives there, they won't hassle you besides asking where you are going. Store shopping, they will ask you to leave.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Comey

Post by Comey »

I also did notice not all driveways have the signs. Seems kids half assed. Either way it's not my first choice of places to go any more
rainmaker
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rainmaker »

Dick's Sporting Goods at Liberty Town Center is two floors and actually not a bad store. They have a pretty good selection (for Dick's) of firearms and ammo. Wonder what the landlords think about that. Of course, Dick's has their own entrance (not posted) and surface parking, so you don't have to walk thru the mall or parking garages.
Steve
NRA member (long, long time)
NMLRA member (even longer)
OFCC member, BFA member
Comey

Post by Comey »

rainmaker wrote:Dick's Sporting Goods at Liberty Town Center is two floors and actually not a bad store. They have a pretty good selection (for Dick's) of firearms and ammo. Wonder what the landlords think about that. Of course, Dick's has their own entrance (not posted) and surface parking, so you don't have to walk thru the mall or parking garages.
But if the signs are for the whole property, how can you even buy a weapon and walk to your car? Isnt that violating their policy of no weapons on the property, or your vehicle.

I am surprised DICKs sporting goods hasnt pitched a {inappropriate language}, or maybe they have.

Like I said, not every entrance is posted, so I will respect each individual business and their postings. If asked to leave, fine with me. I only ever go there to eat anyway, which is maybe once a month.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I rather doubt DICK'S has said a thing. They are sellouts who should not be getting a dime from any 2A supporter.
Comey wrote:
rainmaker wrote:Dick's Sporting Goods at Liberty Town Center is two floors and actually not a bad store. They have a pretty good selection (for Dick's) of firearms and ammo. Wonder what the landlords think about that. Of course, Dick's has their own entrance (not posted) and surface parking, so you don't have to walk thru the mall or parking garages.
But if the signs are for the whole property, how can you even buy a weapon and walk to your car? Isnt that violating their policy of no weapons on the property, or your vehicle.

I am surprised DICKs sporting goods hasnt pitched a {inappropriate language}, or maybe they have.

Like I said, not every entrance is posted, so I will respect each individual business and their postings. If asked to leave, fine with me. I only ever go there to eat anyway, which is maybe once a month.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I still laugh/shake my dang head about the 2A infringement attitude from a place called Liberty.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

That place called 'Hope' sure has done a number on us as well.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

curmudgeon3 wrote:That place called 'Hope' sure has done a number on us as well.

AMEN BROTHER!!! :lol:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/