Talking to LEO, well kinda

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Talking to LEO, well kinda

Post by Gramps »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Talking to LEO, well kinda

Post by JU-87 »

Thank you!
Should be a "sticky"!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

JU-87 wrote:Thank you!
Should be a "sticky"!
Thank you..... :)
Videos well worth the time to watch IMO
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I saw those videos before......a lot of truth in them.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

I'm interested in this topic, but do they make a Cliff Notes version? I'm afraid my attention span is a bit lacking :oops:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

glocksmith wrote:I'm interested in this topic, but do they make a Cliff Notes version? I'm afraid my attention span is a bit lacking :oops:
Cliff Notes version? Sure...don't talk to cops (beyond that which is legally required).
MyWifeSaidYes
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

glocksmith wrote:I'm interested in this topic, but do they make a Cliff Notes version? I'm afraid my attention span is a bit lacking :oops:
Here it is: NEVER talk to cops. If approched, and they politly ask you ANYTHING , say:

"I have nothing to say to you Officer, Good day."

If arrested and taken into custody- YOU are in charge of the interrogation. Do you want it to last 12 seconds or 12 hours?

If you want it to last 12 seconds say: "I'm not answering any questions without my lawyer present. I want to talk to my Lawyer, and I want to talk to him NOW."

Interrogation over. 8) :lol:

The policeman is not your friend. He is your potential adversary.

Your welcome.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote: Cliff Notes version? Sure...don't talk to cops (beyond that which is legally required).
Very VERY little is "legally required".

EX: During a traffic stop- give DL,Registration,insurance card. If asked "Do you know how fast you where going?"
Yes means admission of guilt(of speeding).
No means you are driving without paying attention.
Say "I'm not answering questions today officer."
Maybe you'll get a ticket.
So what?
NEVER agree to a search.
When you have time, watch the video's. 8)

glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

In other words, the famous line "You have the right to remain silent". What I could never understand is why the cops only say this when, or just after a person is arrested. IMHO, the first thing an LEO should notify a detained citizen of is that citizen's right to remain silent.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

The advice my lawyer gave me is pretty similar to what Mas Ayoob and Marty Hayes say, at least when it comes to a defensive use of force situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCZXZMYyRl4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORBe-2qkJM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

glocksmith wrote:In other words, the famous line "You have the right to remain silent". What I could never understand is why the cops only say this when, or just after a person is arrested...
That's what the court in Miranda decided...you only have to be advised of your rights AFTER the police have placed you under arrest.

It's up to you to remember that your rights are valid PRIOR to arrest.

Too many people forget this. :(
MyWifeSaidYes
kSetuni

Post by kSetuni »

Cliff notes version? Really? You are given great videos (I've shared these before) yet you want to take your rights and your legal protections via cliff notes? Hrrmm not something I will risk tbh.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

kSetuni wrote:
Cliff notes version? Really? You are given great videos (I've shared these before) yet you want to take your rights and your legal protections via cliff notes? Hrrmm not something I will risk tbh.
The Founding Fathers kept things painfully simple for our benefit. Take for example The Second Amendment - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It doesn't require a 45 minute lecture by a law professor to interpret and inderstand. I recited that by memory BTW, but then again I was born here and have lived my entire life on American soil....so I don't need any lectures.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
kSetuni

Post by kSetuni »

Glock,

While I agree with the second amendment in its entirety, especially SHALL NOT be infringed, the topic about police interaction is not covered in the second amendment.

Sadly most think that if they have nothing to hide, then they should talk to the police. The hypocrisy and double standard for police testimony can and will be used against you, yet the same person giving testimony cannot be used for you as its hearsay is appalling.

The police are there to gather information to use against you only.

These videos should almost be mandatory for everyone. Its the only way that you will protect your rights and freedoms.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

The Cliff notes are that anything (EVERYTHING) will (not may) be used against you and NOTHING will be used for you. You're not going to say enough for the officers to not run you in for processing and your words will be twisted against you.

The rest of the videos show real life examples in which something was said innocently enough and that ruined the person's credibility to where their innocence was truly questioned and then guilt was "proven" to the point of conviction. :evil:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George