Summit County Waiting Period

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Summit County Waiting Period

Post by JustaShooter »

Werz wrote:
Mustang380gal wrote:
Sig330guy wrote:Really punching myself in the face for not asking around before running to summit county to put my app in!!! I live in Medina and appointments were booked for over a month, with summit being walk in I figured it was better...but now I see that I'm going to be waiting a while, huh? Is it safe to say that I'm definitely not getting my permit for 30+ days..?
Wayne County. You may need an appointment, but you generally walk out with your license.

Just keep that in mind for renewal in 5 years.
A large portion of Summit Countians come to Wayne County. Unfortunately, they are also the dominant source of sketchy background checks.
I imagine a large number of Stark Countians also fit that description...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
ssdd346

Re: Summit County Waiting Period

Post by ssdd346 »

For anyone who is still wondering, the application says 30-45 days. I got an email 18 days after applying saying I could pick up my license the next day. It wasn't bad considering every surrounding county required appointments for applications that were booked for at least 3 months.