Do they know?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: Do they know?

Post by Brian D. »

Jedi, this is the third or fourth time (at least) I can recall Ohioans reporting on here that Michigan LE's knew about their Ohio CHL status.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Brian D. wrote:Jedi, this is the third or fourth time (at least) I can recall Ohioans reporting on here that Michigan LE's knew about their Ohio CHL status.
Not sure how unless they have modified their software to specifically run Ohio warrants/CHL info as well. It's possible. I just don't see them doing it for every state. Like in Ohio, I run a query, it returns 8 queries (and those queries can encompass different databases as well.) Not saying not possible, just improbable.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Next time I'm in Michigan I'll drive recklessly--like that OSHP guy said YOU drive, Jedi-- :lol: --and see if the nice officer up there who stops me knows about my Ohio CHL.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Jedi, this is the third or fourth time (at least) I can recall Ohioans reporting on here that Michigan LE's knew about their Ohio CHL status.
Not sure how unless they have modified their software to specifically run Ohio warrants/CHL info as well. It's possible. I just don't see them doing it for every state. Like in Ohio, I run a query, it returns 8 queries (and those queries can encompass different databases as well.) Not saying not possible, just improbable.

Fixed that for you... Otherwise I think you'd be admitting to something that can get you in some hot water.