First flight with a firearm, basically a non event.

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

walnut red

First flight with a firearm, basically a non event.

Post by walnut red »

Wife and I flew out to Salt Lake City, borrowed a car and drove to Williams Az, took a train to the Grand Canyon, went to Monument Valley, the Arches Park, back to Salt Lake and flew back to Columbus via Houston. Checking in at CMH the girl at the counter got her Supervisor when I said I had something to declare. From there is was answer the required questions, sign the orange tag, place the orange tag inside my suitcase on top of the hard case, and that was all. Except the check in person seemed to be whispering like it was a big secret. At SLC it was even smoother except the check in agent asked all the questions in a normal voice and it seemed to surprise the woman in line next to me that I could fly with a firearm and ammo. The agent then asked me to take the bag to the TSA screen and tell them I declared a firearm. TSA asked me to wait until the bag went through x-ray and once it had done so smiled and gave me a thumbs up sign. I'm sure western states are used to this by now. When I first declared in SLC the ticket agent did ask "You aren't going through Chicago are you?". So I don't know if they've had trouble there.
docachna

Re: First flight with a firearm, basically a non event.

Post by docachna »

walnut red wrote: ..... When I first declared in SLC the ticket agent did ask "You aren't going through Chicago are you?". So I don't know if they've had trouble there.
There you go.

Not to mention New Jersey. :| :| :| :|
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
HKJ

Post by HKJ »

Yep, just know the rules and act like you know what you are doing.
John McCreery
http://www.Ohioppt.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suarez International Staff Instructor
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Yup same exact senario. Youngstown to Florida non issue.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

my wife and I did something similar to that a few years ago., flew to salt lake, rented a car, drove to Williams , drove to south rim, drove to Sodona, then to Vegas, Then to Yosimite, then thru Navada, to Yellowstone, back to Salt Lake, Then Flew back home, 11 days, just over 3000 miles. our 25th. This year we hope to fly to vegas and drive to Williams and then to Sodona, Back to vegas,fly home, Only got 7 days this time. :D
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

docachna wrote:
walnut red wrote: ..... When I first declared in SLC the ticket agent did ask "You aren't going through Chicago are you?". So I don't know if they've had trouble there.
There you go.

Not to mention New Jersey. :| :| :| :|
Or NYC or Boston.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand