CC License not returned

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Garon

Re: CC License not returned

Post by Garon »

Garon wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Garon wrote:
No DV involved. I wrote a long reply but it didn't post. I joined to find out if anyone had trouble with Medina County returning CCLs.
Please have patience with us.

I didn't find anything else posted specifically for Medina county.

That makes us wonder if the Sheriff THINKS he's doing the right thing. We don't mind giving him the benefit of the doubt. They often have information that we don't.

And double-checking with you and your friend about his charges is our way of getting our ducks in a row before taking action.

I am willing to personally call Sheriff Miller and try to figure out what's going on, if your friend wants me to.
He has called De Wine's office and his Lawyer is on it now. Thank you, but a phone call at this time wont be needed. We'll let his Lawyer handle it.
There's your answer. If anymore info comes you'll know about it. As for the "snarky" comments I look at the people posting hypotheticals which have no answers.

My friends lawyer is recommended here...https://ohioccw.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Garon wrote:A friend had charges reduced to disorderly conduct from three other misdemeanor charges. Medina county held the License but now refuses to return license. Anyone can help with this?
I assumed that you were hoping for knowledgable, intelligent answers. In order to have given them, facts needed to be understood. No one wanted to violate privacy.

You apparently were not looking for that kind of answer. You still seem not to be.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Garon

Post by Garon »

Mustang380gal wrote:
Garon wrote:A friend had charges reduced to disorderly conduct from three other misdemeanor charges. Medina county held the License but now refuses to return license. Anyone can help with this?
I assumed that you were hoping for knowledgable, intelligent answers. In order to have given them, facts needed to be understood. No one wanted to violate privacy.

You apparently were not looking for that kind of answer. You still seem not to be.

And I didn't get anything but {inappropriate language} hypothetical comments about DV.

When his license is returned or not I said I would inform.

Until then....

I know now not to ask for help in here.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Garon wrote:He has called De Wine's office...
That was pointless, as I'm sure he found out.
Garon wrote:... and his Lawyer is on it now.

I'm VERY interested in how much the lawyer eventually charges for this task. Total cost, not hourly rate.
Garon wrote:Thank you, but a phone call at this time wont be needed.
No problem, but I'm still willing to help.
Garon wrote:...My friends lawyer is recommended here...https://ohioccw.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You are aware that is our site, yes?

This is just the discussion forum (ohioccwforums.org) of OFCC (ohioccw.org).
Garon wrote:...And I didn't get anything but {inappropriate language} hypothetical comments about DV...
What I hope you will take from that is HOW IMPORTANT the issue is and HOW MANY lawyers overlook this issue.

I agree that you DID mention that DV was not involved and still got DV related comments. I understand that can be annoying, but it's no reason to take your ball and go home.

In the past, we have heard from "friends" that did not get the full story from the actual defendant. Just crossing our eyes and dotting our teas...or something like that. :P

Thank you for agreeing to continue to update us about your friend's case.
Garon wrote:I know now not to ask for help in here.
Because, as you found out, you will get help.
MyWifeSaidYes
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

This may be one of the strangest threads I have read since the departure of our dear old bus driving friend.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Garon

Post by Garon »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Garon wrote:He has called De Wine's office...
That was pointless, as I'm sure he found out.
Garon wrote:... and his Lawyer is on it now.

I'm VERY interested in how much the lawyer eventually charges for this task. Total cost, not hourly rate.
Garon wrote:Thank you, but a phone call at this time wont be needed.
No problem, but I'm still willing to help.
Garon wrote:...My friends lawyer is recommended here...https://ohioccw.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You are aware that is our site, yes?

This is just the discussion forum (ohioccwforums.org) of OFCC (ohioccw.org).
Garon wrote:...And I didn't get anything but {inappropriate language} hypothetical comments about DV...
What I hope you will take from that is HOW IMPORTANT the issue is and HOW MANY lawyers overlook this issue.

I agree that you DID mention that DV was not involved and still got DV related comments. I understand that can be annoying, but it's no reason to take your ball and go home.

In the past, we have heard from "friends" that did not get the full story from the actual defendant. Just crossing our eyes and dotting our teas...or something like that. :P

Thank you for agreeing to continue to update us about your friend's case.
Garon wrote:I know now not to ask for help in here.
Because, as you found out, you will get help.

Update !! Dewine's office told him to go to another county and apply for license.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Garon wrote:Update !! Dewine's office told him to go to another county and apply for license.
If the Medina County Sheriff KEPT the CHL but did not REVOKE the CHL, is the CHL actually expired at this point?

If the CHL is expired, then it shouldn't matter what Sheriff he goes to for a renewal.

HOWEVER, if the CHL is NOT expired, what is the 'other' Sheriff going to do?

The Sheriff in the other county can issue a NEW license or issue a RENEWAL. Only the original issuing Sheriff can issue a REPLACEMENT license.

Your friend will have to answer Section V of the application regarding previous applications made, the other Sheriff will see that the CHL is still active and will send him back to the original Sheriff to deal with this issue. IMHO.

My offer for help still stands. Same price as before. :P (free, if anyone was wondering)

Use the PM function to contact me privately. If you choose, I can PM you my email address or Facebook account and we can discuss this outside of the OFCC forum. I will not share info with anyone but the Sheriff without your or your friend's permission. I will let you post any updates.

The lawyer your friend has is an officer of the court. He has rules and boundaries he must operate within lest he upset the court.

I am a crass, obnoxious, loudmouthed 2A advocate and activist who loves to yell at public servants that have forgotten who they work for or what laws they are supposed to follow. (Actually, I'm a really nice guy but I have a reputation to maintain :wink: )

A case number, which is public information, is all I should need.
MyWifeSaidYes
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

fyrfytr310 wrote:This may be one of the strangest threads I have read since the departure of our dear old bus driving friend.
Well, without the initial capitalization of random words.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Werz wrote:
fyrfytr310 wrote:This may be one of the strangest threads I have read since the departure of our dear old bus driving friend.
Well, without the initial capitalization of random words.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Garon

Post by Garon »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Garon wrote:Update !! Dewine's office told him to go to another county and apply for license.
If the Medina County Sheriff KEPT the CHL but did not REVOKE the CHL, is the CHL actually expired at this point?

If the CHL is expired, then it shouldn't matter what Sheriff he goes to for a renewal.

HOWEVER, if the CHL is NOT expired, what is the 'other' Sheriff going to do?

The Sheriff in the other county can issue a NEW license or issue a RENEWAL. Only the original issuing Sheriff can issue a REPLACEMENT license.

Your friend will have to answer Section V of the application regarding previous applications made, the other Sheriff will see that the CHL is still active and will send him back to the original Sheriff to deal with this issue. IMHO.

My offer for help still stands. Same price as before. :P (free, if anyone was wondering)

Use the PM function to contact me privately. If you choose, I can PM you my email address or Facebook account and we can discuss this outside of the OFCC forum. I will not share info with anyone but the Sheriff without your or your friend's permission. I will let you post any updates.

The lawyer your friend has is an officer of the court. He has rules and boundaries he must operate within lest he upset the court.

I am a crass, obnoxious, loudmouthed 2A advocate and activist who loves to yell at public servants that have forgotten who they work for or what laws they are supposed to follow. (Actually, I'm a really nice guy but I have a reputation to maintain :wink: )

A case number, which is public information, is all I should need.
Thanks. What I said is all I know. I will tell my friend about this forum.