Your favorite gun store

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

HKJ

Re: Your favorite gun store

Post by HKJ »

Viktors Legacy
1180 High St, Fairport Harbor, OH 44077
John McCreery
http://www.Ohioppt.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suarez International Staff Instructor
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Lake Erie Arms
419-433-8200
3512 Cleveland Rd E, Huron, Oh 44839

I think this is a great Idea. I am willing to help out in any way I can in Sandusky and the surrounding areas. PM me if you need a hand.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

NOT !!

Ohio Valley Trading Post in Lancaster, OH. (formerly Ohio Valley Outdoors)

I stopped in yesterday to look at 4 pistols - the Walther CCP, the Ruger American Pistol, the Remington R51 and the Sig P320.

Nope, nope, nope aaaannnddd nope.

The shooting range was doing a brisk business, but the handgun selection has gone to crap.
MyWifeSaidYes
CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

Blue Line Ltd
12712 South Ave #2
North Lima, Ohio 44452
Phone: 330-360-8310
Fax: 330-423-4279
"Who is John Galt?"

"So this is how freedom dies --- with thunderous applause."
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Sadly, going to have to find a new one. She's retiring at the end of this week. :cry: for me and Dad. :D for her.
WY_Not wrote:Mom. :mrgreen:

She works for a firearms distributor. Can order what I want and ship it to a family friend who is an FFL.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Bubbajoe

Post by Bubbajoe »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Stonewall.....
Please...No comments...
That is hilarious! Made my day.
Thanlon23

Post by Thanlon23 »

B&T Shooting Supplies
7489 Pearl Rd
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130

Cabela's
35685 Chester Rd
Avon, OH 44011
e3mrk

Post by e3mrk »

I used to like Fin Feather and Fur until They refused to accept My CCW License to purchase a AR-15 Lower that was on sale and made Me wait for the Background check to come back.
Needless to say I was put on hold and the Store is making Me wait five days instead of the three.So I'm done with Them,Cabelas is My knew favorite Gun Store now.
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Just a refresher, CHL holders are exempt from the mandatory National Instant Criminal Background Check provided the Ohio concealed handgun license was issued on or after March 23, 2015, and that the permit has not expired under state law or been revoked.
HancockCountyHaL
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:Just a refresher, CHL holders are exempt from the mandatory National Instant Criminal Background Check provided the Ohio concealed handgun license was issued on or after March 23, 2015, and that the permit has not expired under state law or been revoked.
Don't forget that is at the discretion of the dealer - and either way you still have to fill out the 4473.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

JustaShooter wrote:
HancockCountyHAl wrote:Just a refresher, CHL holders are exempt from the mandatory National Instant Criminal Background Check provided the Ohio concealed handgun license was issued on or after March 23, 2015, and that the permit has not expired under state law or been revoked.
Don't forget that is at the discretion of the dealer - and either way you still have to fill out the 4473.
Does that apply in The State of Ohio only?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

glocksmith wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
Does that apply in The State of Ohio only?
My understanding is that it is discretionary everywhere, not just in Ohio. I've looked at the guidance letters from the ATF to a number of qualifying states and they all say something like "The purpose of this letter is to advise you of an important change to the procedure you may follow" (emphasis mine).
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Interesting. If anyone here on the forum has bought anything and bypassed the NICS check, I wish they'd chime in. I didn't know about it, but will flash my license the next time I buy from a gun store. I'm planning on buying a long gun soon at a store near my house in KY...and I was curious if the new policy was in effect there, too.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Face

Post by Face »

glocksmith wrote:Interesting. If anyone here on the forum has bought anything and bypassed the NICS check, I wish they'd chime in. I didn't know about it, but will flash my license the next time I buy from a gun store. I'm planning on buying a long gun soon at a store near my house in KY...and I was curious if the new policy was in effect there, too.
Cabellas actually has notices posted that they do NOT do NICS with the newer CHL. Only one I have seen.

I know Vances, Woodbury and Rural King all do NICS. We need to start a thread with those that do not.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Good idea. I suppose I could call all my usual haunts and just ask them if they skip the NICS for CHL'ees ??
Give em' Hell Pike!!!