Holster Preference

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Golden13Buckeye

Re: Holster Preference

Post by Golden13Buckeye »

I just came across the holster "Urban Carry" and was wondering if anyone out there had any feedback on this, i would really appreciate some!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Golden13Buckeye wrote:I just came across the holster "Urban Carry" and was wondering if anyone out there had any feedback on this, i would really appreciate some!
It's really nothing new - look at the old "Pager Pal" and similar holsters. ;)

The main concession with this type of holster is that the gun is harder/slower to access than the traditional strong-side, IWB.

It's definitely a compromise that favors increased concealment.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
BadCrosshairDay

Post by BadCrosshairDay »

Alien Gear 3.0 with what a previous poster referred to as "cheap wally jeans" works well for me with a nylon instructor's belt.

Also very happy with a Barsony leather IWB belt clip holster for a smaller single stack makarov.
Golden13Buckeye wrote:I just came across the holster "Urban Carry" and was wondering if anyone out there had any feedback on this, i would really appreciate some!
Saw a video of someone using the Urban Carry holster with one hand and the handgun flying out instead of moving to draw position. Haven't ever tried it myself, so maybe it isn't a real issue with the holster.

I would prefer a holster which doesn't require me to move the gun before I can draw it.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

BadCrosshairDay wrote: Saw a video of someone using the Urban Carry holster with one hand and the handgun flying out instead of moving to draw position. Haven't ever tried it myself, so maybe it isn't a real issue with the holster
This is definitely a true issue on holsters of this type - including similar products like the Tuff iTuck - but can be mitigated to a certain extent with holster and clothing/belt setup.

Every holster is a compromise, and here, obviously, more compromise is given towards an increase in concealment versus traditional carry methods.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
djwiteboi

Post by djwiteboi »

I've been using a raw dog tactical iwb holster and am happy with it. It's a single clip style so it's easy to remove without having to undo your belt hafway or even all the way like ive heard people complain about with the aliengear style systems. My workplace prohibits firearms so it makes it easy if i need to disarm and stow it in my lockbox. I second the belt recommendation too that makes a world of difference more so than i thought it would.
JBL74

Post by JBL74 »

Brian D. wrote:Side question: Store here started stocking Crossbreed. All the clips I saw were for 1.5" width max belts. Are they offered with 1.75" clips? How about the other brands mentioned by y'all in this thread?

I should look it up for myself, so thanks in advance to whoever posts up the answer.
Where's the store located ? I use a Super tuck and it's awesome.