Indian Mound Mall

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

RedGlove04

Indian Mound Mall

Post by RedGlove04 »

I recently went to the Indian Mound Mall for a matinee with my wife and daughter, carrying concealed as usual. I go to the Sears store there fairly frequently and I've never seen any signage at all. After the show, we went into the arcade and while my wife and daughter were choosing prizes I was milling around outside the arcade. They have a list of "Rules of Conduct" in small print inside the building several feet and the first thing on the list is blah blah blah , no concealed weapons even if you are licensed by law to carry. By this time it was way too late to comply. This definitely doesn't seem like proper signage to me. Anyone else? Besides, they don't have any signs at all at the entrances to the individual stores.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Westland Mall in Columbus ( I don't know a lot of places that you need to carry more ) is posted at the outside mall entrances BUT Sears and Macy's own their building and do not post. It can get a person into the same sort of situation. While on one hand you are happy that a store does not post it leaves you open to an ooops on the other hand. IF posting is to be taken seriously then signage is going to have to be mandated as to size design and wording. I don't personally want to see it attacked that way as I would rather see posting disallowed. Personally I think if we push the issue on signage it gives more leverage to the posters in the form of law and no outs when signage is lacking in some way. With the present law I'm looking at some way to mass boycott stores to try pressure to take down postings.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Our CCW law is new and still novel. I look for the signs to eventually fade, wear off, peel off, fall off whatever....and not be replaced.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Fall off

Post by Cruiser »

I have a Carryout in my rural area that used to be posted. I could see the sign from the road. The lady owner was very anti-gun when I asked why she had the sign. As to months went by I watched the sign curl up and finally disappear and never to return! Probably nobody even noticed.
Last edited by Cruiser on Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

I have a Carryout in my rual area that used to be posted. I could see the sign from the road
Where?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Willy P wrote:
I have a Carryout in my rual area that used to be posted. I could see the sign from the road
Where?
St. Henry, Mercer County
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Cruiser, I thought maybe when I saw you were W. Cent. OH you could be in the Madison,Clark Co area and close by. You had me thinking about any carryouts in my immediate area.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

West Central Ohio

Post by Cruiser »

Like in about 10 miles from the Indiana state line. If I get tired of the BS CCW rules in Ohio I just go to Indiana!
Ring

Post by Ring »

Besides, they don't have any signs at all at the entrances to the individual stores.
then it dont count, ignore it..
R.C. 2923.126(C)(3) allows the owner or person in control of
private land to post a sign in a conspicuous place that prohibits
persons from carrying concealed firearms on that property.
swingset

Re: Indian Mound Mall

Post by swingset »

RedGlove04 wrote:I recently went to the Indian Mound Mall for a matinee with my wife and daughter, carrying concealed as usual. I go to the Sears store there fairly frequently and I've never seen any signage at all. After the show, we went into the arcade and while my wife and daughter were choosing prizes I was milling around outside the arcade. They have a list of "Rules of Conduct" in small print inside the building several feet and the first thing on the list is blah blah blah , no concealed weapons even if you are licensed by law to carry. By this time it was way too late to comply. This definitely doesn't seem like proper signage to me. Anyone else? Besides, they don't have any signs at all at the entrances to the individual stores.
Interesting. I go to Indian Mound Mall all the time....I never noticed any signs. But, if it's not on the door conspicuously, then there is no sign, from what I understand.
Do not follow me, I may not lead. Do not lead me, I may not follow. Come to think of it, just stay the hell away from me.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Pre CCW

Post by Cruiser »

A lot of those signs on bulletin boards etc. are left over from before Ohio had CCW. I have seen a few that were obviously pre-history. The other day I noticed a sign at one of our out of the way County Parks. Big lettered sign at the entrance said "No Firearms" right above it was a sign "Keep Pets on Leash". I know for a fact that this is an old sign. After all at the time it was posted it was meant to discourage target shooting etc. No one gave a thought to CCW.
beleive me, there are people in Ohio that are not even aware that we can Carry Concealed legally!