Want to Help OFCC (Hang Fliers)?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

While returning from a customer's site yesterday, I was able to stop in Lauhorner Gun and Archery (in Springfield, NE of Dayton) with a flier.

Nice people. Let me tack it up. I showed it to one of the salesmen and he said, "But we already got everything all fixed up."

I had to politely disagree with him in that there were still a couple things I'd like to see changed. :)

Anyway, very nice place with a great range. Check em out!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
357sigsauer

Post by 357sigsauer »

Hey MeanStreaker

I was in TargetWorld yesterday (December 21)and was unable to find the flyer you posted.

I am hoping to go to the Bill Goodman show in Sharonville next weekend, I will try to post a few more. Someone might try betting me to it, as I'm not sure if I will make it or not.
SigSauer P226 357sig

I don't need a gun I've got a Donk. -- Crocodile Dundee II
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

PAJOHNOHIO wrote:
rink wrote:Could you email me a copy of the flyer? I'm at work and I am not allowed to open the file:

Access Denied (content_filter_denied)

Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Non-Profit Organizations/Advocacy Groups;Weapons"
I get that warning at work too from time to time.....totally irritates me!
Do you guys get the same message when you try to visit anti-gun web sites like the Brady Campaign or Ohio Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence?
Ghost Recon

Post by Ghost Recon »

I printed a few off but don't feel like battling the traffic or crowds just now.

I decided not to buy anything made in China this X-Mas. Just now I realised that I don't have any wrapping paper. I wonder if that is made in China also....the gifts aren't very large this year. A couple of the gifts are for gun owners who don't belong to OFCC. Then I got the idea of wrapping their gifts in OFCC fliers. Maybe they'll get the message....

For anyone looking for last minute gifts and don't want to buy products made in China....buy silver. Look in the phone book for your closest Coin store.

Oh and....silver is set to explode......
fisher

eastside

Post by fisher »

I'll put them up around the Eastgate area here in Cinci.
Oxmarqt

Post by Oxmarqt »

I was able to post a flyer on the board at the Powder Room in Powell. It should stay there for awhile. Next time I go out I will try andpost them atother places.

Ox
richh56

nice flier

Post by richh56 »

I have saved and printed off some color copies. I will go around lorain county firarms stores and ask if I can hang them today

to include:

B&T in lorain

Gander mounton in shefield

accurate firearms in north eaton

mumfords sports shop in litchfield

pops place in LaGrange

and any other places I can find.

Thank you for the chance to help are group.

Rich
richh56

what a wonderful day.

Post by richh56 »

I spent my day running around dropping off the new flier and what a wonderful day it was. I felt proud to do it.

I talked with some great store owners and managers.

Not only did they egearly take and hung up the flier but they took extras to pass out to anyone that wanted one.

I can't wait till I can be of help again

Sincerely,
Rich
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Thanks guys! It's great to hear about everyone that wants to help out!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

I was gonna put up these flyers at Kent State University (I go to school there). But I was thinking, why not make a sign that pushes more the idea of people comming to the site to get educated. The current sign kinda "preaches" to the choir, and while thats great for gun stores, It not the most effective elsewhere. In the meantime, I will post what is avalible.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Timmy44221 wrote:I was gonna put up these flyers at Kent State University (I go to school there). But I was thinking, why not make a sign that pushes more the idea of people comming to the site to get educated. The current sign kinda "preaches" to the choir, and while thats great for gun stores, It not the most effective elsewhere. In the meantime, I will post what is avalible.
This is a great idea. I think that when we designed that flier the idea was that we'd be posting it in an audience where they already knew "the issue".

Adjusting it and then posting it on a college campus isn't a bad idea at all. Keep in mind that "most" college students are not 21, but that doesn't mean they can't read up on the issue before they get brainwashed otherwise! If you have some suggested text, throw it out here.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

That is a good idea, Tim. As Jeff said, these fliers were designed more for membership recruitment than issue awareness. I'm all for having a couple different fliers with different purposes.

By the way, I'm a proud Golden Flash Alum. :)
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

A guy that works with my Wife just got his license to carry...gave him one...
SigArms P239-SAS .40 S&W/357 SIG, Sig Mosquito, Taurus 651 .357 Mag., Remington 700 in .308, Remington 870/12 & 1100/12, Marlin 25N .22LR, Barnett Quad-300, Pearson Buckmaster
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

With all of my gun shops/clubs in the area having these fliers posted, I'm thinking about expanding my targets. :)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Membership

Post by carmen fovozzo »

My membership expired in 2006,how do I renew it?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens