Want to Help OFCC (Hang Fliers)?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Want to Help OFCC (Hang Fliers)?

Post by MeanStreaker »

Hey everyone,

The great thing about an organization like ours is that we have members and supporters all over Ohio.

Do you think you can give us a hand? Below you will find a link to a flier. It would really help out the organization if you could download it, print it, and hang it up for us. The most effective places would be CHL trainers, gun shops, gun clubs, etc.

If you guys frequent places like I do, there's always a bulletin board and pro-firearm people willing to help out our cause.

Obviously, we'll want to be courteous and ask permission, thank them, etc.

If you wouldn't mind, post here where you've hung them up and some of the experiences you've had. I think it would be cool for everyone to read about them and also for all of us to travel through the state and see these hanging up!

Thanks for your help!

Download Flier Here
Last edited by MeanStreaker on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

Great idea!! I'll get some in the hands of some folks down here in Cincy.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Figured I should answer my own question:

I hung up four this weekend. Thanks to my new KelTec acquisition (see this thread), I got to hit up a few shops north of Vandalia.

First I went to Vandalia Range and Armory. It was my first time there and I have to tell you, it's beautiful! I'll definitely be going back. Had an excellent conversation about the cause and the shop was very receptive. I left one flier lighter and one PF-9 heavier.

I then went to Vandalia Tactical (no webpage I could find). They also were very nice and let me hang it up right away.

Next I went to Olde English Outfitters. 'Tis the season, as they were very busy. I felt bad taking up too much of someone's time, so the salesman said he'd ask if it was OK to hang it up. I left a flier and my card.

Yesterday we visited the in-laws in Cincinnati. I stopped into Target World on our way home. Thanks to mreising and the other great guys there, it rounded off my weekend well with another success.
Last edited by MeanStreaker on Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

MS;
Nice looking flier, have you put one up at the club yet?
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

BEAR! wrote:MS;
Nice looking flier, have you put one up at the club yet?
Not yet, but I know I will sometime this week unless someone beats me to it. :)

BTW, I didn't make the flier by myself. There was excellent input and hard work put in by The Board, OFCC Coordinators, and CincinnastyKid helped a LOT with the layout!
jabeatty

Re: Want to Help OFCC (Hang Fliers)?

Post by jabeatty »

MeanStreaker wrote:Do you think you can give us a hand? Below you will find a link to a flier. It would really help out the organization if you could download it, print it, and hang it up for us. The most effective places would be CHL trainers, gun shops, gun clubs, etc.
I wonder if one of the directors could chime in here on the following thought: do you mind if we post these in "less-friendly" environments, or is the possibility of a negative reaction one to be avoided?

There are bulletin boards at most grocery stores, churches, etc... do we want to preach strictly to the choir, or is this something we could/should also post elsewhere?

I don't have a strong feeling either way, but I do know that I (unfortunately) get to Kroger more often than to the range. :(
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

jabeatty wrote:
MeanStreaker wrote:Do you think you can give us a hand? Below you will find a link to a flier. It would really help out the organization if you could download it, print it, and hang it up for us. The most effective places would be CHL trainers, gun shops, gun clubs, etc.
I wonder if one of the directors could chime in here on the following thought: do you mind if we post these in "less-friendly" environments, or is the possibility of a negative reaction one to be avoided?

There are bulletin boards at most grocery stores, churches, etc... do we want to preach strictly to the choir, or is this something we could/should also post elsewhere?

I don't have a strong feeling either way, but I do know that I (unfortunately) get to Kroger more often than to the range. :(
I do beleive it is common practice to get someones permission. But that will not prevent some anti from removing it!
PAJOHNOHIO
User Requested Deactivation

Post by PAJOHNOHIO »

Downloaded and will start hanging today!
<i>"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall."</i> <b>-A Few Good Men-</b>
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Printed out 20. Gonna put 'em everywhere. If an anti takes 'em down at the grocery store, I'll hang another. I've got plenty of paper and ink.

Mike
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

jabeatty wrote:do you mind if we post these in "less-friendly" environments, or is the possibility of a negative reaction one to be avoided?

There are bulletin boards at most grocery stores, churches, etc...
Good question, Jim. I don't see anything wrong with it. We certainly have nothing to hide from. Sure, an anti could take them down, but like yourself, many firearm owners don't make it to shops and ranges as often as they would like.

As mentioned before, we need to be courteous about it and try to keep OFCC in a good light. Therefore, we shouldn't tape one up vindictively next to a CPZ sign or something (as much as I may want to). :wink:

I plan on posting some in not-so-ordinary places. It'll give those that don't know much about the issue a chance to learn.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

MeanStreaker wrote:
jabeatty wrote:do you mind if we post these in "less-friendly" environments, or is the possibility of a negative reaction one to be avoided?

There are bulletin boards at most grocery stores, churches, etc...
Good question, Jim. I don't see anything wrong with it. We certainly have nothing to hide from. Sure, an anti could take them down, but like yourself, many firearm owners don't make it to shops and ranges as often as they would like.

As mentioned before, we need to be courteous about it and try to keep OFCC in a good light. Therefore, we shouldn't tape one up vindictively next to a CPZ sign or something (as much as I may want to). :wink:

I plan on posting some in not-so-ordinary places. It'll give those that don't know much about the issue a chance to learn.
Just a thought:
If you decide to put some outside to battle the elements, Kinko's lamination isn't too awfully expensive.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

jabeatty wrote:I wonder if one of the directors could chime in here on the following thought: do you mind if we post these in "less-friendly" environments, or is the possibility of a negative reaction one to be avoided?
I say go ahead and put them anywhere it is legal to.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Dazed and Confused

Post by Dazed and Confused »

I am going to ask permission to hang a sign for all to see and also leave a stack of loose ones so anyone interested will be able to take the info home with them just as a reminder. :wink:
"I'm a Gun Nut - Not a Nut with a Gun!"

"I fear no man until he does not fear me in return,Then it's on!"
rink

Post by rink »

Could you email me a copy of the flyer? I'm at work and I am not allowed to open the file:

Access Denied (content_filter_denied)

Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Non-Profit Organizations/Advocacy Groups;Weapons"
PAJOHNOHIO
User Requested Deactivation

Post by PAJOHNOHIO »

rink wrote:Could you email me a copy of the flyer? I'm at work and I am not allowed to open the file:

Access Denied (content_filter_denied)

Your request was denied because of its content categorization: "Non-Profit Organizations/Advocacy Groups;Weapons"
I get that warning at work too from time to time.....totally irritates me!
<i>"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall."</i> <b>-A Few Good Men-</b>