What would you do?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: What would you do?

Post by Mustang380gal »

Klingon00 wrote:
I like the way you think and if I felt I didn't have a route of retreat that's probably what I'd do. However, assuming I thought I could get away, I'd probably use my vehicle to retreat as fast as I could before calling the police as in the original story. Better to avoid a gun fight than keeping the child and self anywhere near it if possible. It might also avoid possibly going to jail for failure to retreat, even if castle doctrine might be a viable defense later.
My comment was made under the assumption that I couldn't get away safely. If the car can't get turned fast enough for the child to be out of range and out of danger, then I gotta protect my child.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
jeepzilla

Post by jeepzilla »

Yucky, yes. Unsanitary, no. Fresh urine is sterile.
BobK

Post by BobK »

jeepzilla wrote:Yucky, yes. Unsanitary, no. Fresh urine is sterile.
Not true. It can be loaded with bacteria if someone has a urinary tract infection. What do you think they are looking for (besides drugs, alcohol, and sugar) when the doctor has you pee in a cup. :lol: :lol:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Mustang380gal wrote: My comment was made under the assumption that I couldn't get away safely. If the car can't get turned fast enough for the child to be out of range and out of danger, then I gotta protect my child.
Most definitely!
Chanlsrfer

Post by Chanlsrfer »

I guess I would echo the "honk not" crowd. Some things in life are not worth the trouble. I find as a CHL holder it is my primary objective to avoid confrontation at all costs.
Honk your horn and UrIne trouble! Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

Hm. Well. Guess I'll chime in.

I love taking a whiz outside. Let's face it. It's pretty awesome, amirite?

However, the way I see it is since I'm not allowed to pee wherever the hell I want, why should this dude? Nope. I wouldn't of honked. I would have actually rolled down my window and said "What in the hell is wrong with you?"

He could of gone inside the cold Stone and peed. Trust me on this one, fast food places don't typically care if you dodge in to use just use the John. I'm married to a woman who has a bladder the size of a.. Well... It's pretty darned small. (I'm actually convinced women actually have to pee at all times). On a two hour trip to Sandusky I stop at least three times.

As far as him reaching behind his back saying he had a gun? If I had a child in the car... That's tough. Drive off if possible, however I would be worried about someone who's so cavalier about stating they have a gun and reaching for it that they would fire at the car as I drove away possibly hitting me or the child.. So more than likely it would go:

"I have a gun and I'll shoot you rabblerabblerabble!" *bad guy reaches behind his back*

*I bring up the gun tucked between the seats* "Yeah? Me too."

And he'd probably void whatever else he hadn't finished off on the side of the building.
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
whtshphrd

Post by whtshphrd »

I am with the rest of the "move alongs" here. Honking just starts a confrontation. I always look for a way to remove myself from a situation or avoid it altogther when I carry.
Kevin Hoover
Ohiolawssuk

Post by Ohiolawssuk »

Well since this entire forum is about me please allow me to respond. 1. I wasn't AT coldstone I was near it at Buffalo Wild Wings. 2. Only reason I {inappropriate language} outside was because I was on the phone, and smoking a cigarette. 3. I didn't {inappropriate language} on the wall it was behind the trash corral behind the building, and he honked at me after I had finished peeing. 4. I didn't even know what car the honk came from, and I carried on talking on the phone, and smoking. 5. He got out of his car and approached me accusing me of knowingly peeing in front of him and his child, botherwise of which I didn't even know existed until he appreached me. 6. After telling him I didn't even see him or his kid he began to yell and curse at me while walking towards me. 7. His claim I reached for a gun that never existed was me completing tightening my belt from the prior {inappropriate language} I had taken. 8. Being 21 and full of the feeling of invincibility I got in a fight ready stance, and warned him I would knock him out. 9. He got shook, and began to reach in his pockets which I replied "You better be ready to use whatever you're reaching for!". 10. He then turned around, and walked back to his car to the sounds of me calling him a {inappropriate language} (Which I'm sure getting punked in front of his kid couldn't had felt great.). 11. I walked back to the front of Buffalo Wild Wings to wait for the ride I was obtaining on the phone, and he pulled his car up and parked it right in front of me while he was on the phone. 12. I told him to leave multiple times and take his kid home, and I was sure if he was on the phone with his friends or the cops, and didn't take the chance so I left with my gf, which was my initial plan when I walked outside in the first place. This stupid incident brought upon by a man who couldn't mind his own business, and displayed horrible parenting by involving himself in an altercation in a dark parking lot with a stranger while his his young child is sitting alone in the car, absolutely ruined my life. That night directly led to mensure losing my job, and that led to me losing my apartment, and ultimately led to me being homeless for multiple months during the winter. Not to mention it being my only criminal charge I have ever had, and since the circumstances are violent, and involving a child, finding above minimum wage employment is harder than rocket science. Oh, and just for the record since this is on a ccw forum site... I was not, and am not, legally allowed to own a firearm in any state in the United States due to my many incidents involving suicidal tendencies, psychiatric hospital stays, and overall mental! Nor do I want to ever own a gun because having serious mental illnesses does not make me a moron! I know it would dangerous for me to own a gun, mainly to myself, but dangerous nonetheless. I have 2 college degrees, and I can't get a job because of this BS charge. So, to all these people debating whether they would draw their weapon, and shoot me, on the forum..... Feel free because that lying SOB ruined my life, and good name!
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

For have two college degrees, your post is hard to follow. When was the trial and were you arrested, tried and convicted of anything other than aggravated menacing?
Did your suicidal tendencies start before or after this incident? It seems as though there may be a lot of missing information in your post or it could seem this way due to your jumbled and rambling post?

I would be interested in a much more clear, precise and honest explanation of your side if you would care to take the time but if not, that's ok too. If you do take the time and post your side of the story please use your space bar and enter key

Another help would be if you have the spellchecker option, and see a red squiggly line under a word, please hit the correction option as there was a place or two in your post where the typo could send your point in any direction

And if you would, what was the field that you were working in before you were fired? You don't have to give specific locations or business names but I am interested in your work field, title and/or position held

I also doubt that you will even see my reply to you but, I thought that I would try to get a better feel for this incident

Ohiolawssuk wrote:Well since this entire forum is about me please allow me to respond. 1. I wasn't AT coldstone I was near it at Buffalo Wild Wings. 2. Only reason I {inappropriate language} outside was because I was on the phone, and smoking a cigarette. 3. I didn't {inappropriate language} on the wall it was behind the trash corral behind the building, and he honked at me after I had finished peeing. 4. I didn't even know what car the honk came from, and I carried on talking on the phone, and smoking. 5. He got out of his car and approached me accusing me of knowingly peeing in front of him and his child, botherwise of which I didn't even know existed until he appreached me. 6. After telling him I didn't even see him or his kid he began to yell and curse at me while walking towards me. 7. His claim I reached for a gun that never existed was me completing tightening my belt from the prior {inappropriate language} I had taken. 8. Being 21 and full of the feeling of invincibility I got in a fight ready stance, and warned him I would knock him out. 9. He got shook, and began to reach in his pockets which I replied "You better be ready to use whatever you're reaching for!". 10. He then turned around, and walked back to his car to the sounds of me calling him a {inappropriate language} (Which I'm sure getting punked in front of his kid couldn't had felt great.). 11. I walked back to the front of Buffalo Wild Wings to wait for the ride I was obtaining on the phone, and he pulled his car up and parked it right in front of me while he was on the phone. 12. I told him to leave multiple times and take his kid home, and I was sure if he was on the phone with his friends or the cops, and didn't take the chance so I left with my gf, which was my initial plan when I walked outside in the first place. This stupid incident brought upon by a man who couldn't mind his own business, and displayed horrible parenting by involving himself in an altercation in a dark parking lot with a stranger while his his young child is sitting alone in the car, absolutely ruined my life. That night directly led to mensure losing my job, and that led to me losing my apartment, and ultimately led to me being homeless for multiple months during the winter. Not to mention it being my only criminal charge I have ever had, and since the circumstances are violent, and involving a child, finding above minimum wage employment is harder than rocket science. Oh, and just for the record since this is on a ccw forum site... I was not, and am not, legally allowed to own a firearm in any state in the United States due to my many incidents involving suicidal tendencies, psychiatric hospital stays, and overall mental! Nor do I want to ever own a gun because having serious mental illnesses does not make me a moron! I know it would dangerous for me to own a gun, mainly to myself, but dangerous nonetheless. I have 2 college degrees, and I can't get a job because of this BS charge. So, to all these people debating whether they would draw their weapon, and shoot me, on the forum..... Feel free because that lying SOB ruined my life, and good name!
Come and get'em