valero rocks, and mega bus?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: valero rocks, and mega bus?

Post by JediSkipdogg »

wkdravenna wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
trimac wrote:my largest concern was, do they use metal detectors or anything, and I wasn't sure if it was posted on the door. I wont bother calling just use deep concealment. I thought only the driver had to inform, as a passenger I didn't think I needed to inform the police.
Everybody with a carry license who is carrying in a motor vehicle has to inform. Not to beat up on you or whatever class you took, but that should have been covered, it's important!
So if you're on a Bus and the bus gets pulled over you have to inform ? How would that work .
The bus is stopped so in a sense you are stopped so notification comes into play. So I guess if you are sitting in the back row, you shout super loud that you are carrying. Or you just stay sleeping and you never knew you were stopped and therefore can't notify. :mrgreen:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
mreising

Post by mreising »

...or have the gun/magazines unloaded and locked in your bag and you are not carrying a loaded firearm and thus not required to notify, (if you are concerned that the bus driver may actually get pulled over).
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Klingon00 wrote:
HancockCountyHAl wrote:Of course you know Valero is owned by Hugo Chavez.
Really? They look like an American headquartered, publicly owned company to me...

NYSE: VLO
http://www.valero.com/OurBusiness/Pages ... story.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now Citgo on the other hand, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela.
You are correct. I thought it was Venezuelan owned because they both started with a V.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Valero_own ... _Venezuela" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HancockCountyHaL
trimac

Post by trimac »

EXCUSE ME OFFICER!!!! I HAVE A CHL!!!! that wouldn't cause a mass panic. Mega bus has an upper level, so maybe i can tap morse code through the floor.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I recently had one of these notification 'gray area' situations, and didn't notify because it almost certainly would have led to me being interrupted from doing triage and first aid at a bad car wreck. Not to mention scaring the people I was trying to help.

Won't derail this thread by rehashing the whole tale (I already posted about it at the time) but bottom line is...notification needs to go the heck away!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
trimac

Post by trimac »

I also did a search on rta and nothing popped up, im taking the transit to tower city where the mega bus stop is outside..... main question is are there check points, metal detectors ect, is it legal to carry in those locations? I have never used public transportation so these are all new things to me. I totally agree, informing is bogus, I deal with police on a daily basis with my job, and I have yet to find one they disagrees with concealed carry, I actually informed one when I got rear ended in my tow truck, and when I told him he said good, asked if i was armed, told him i was, he said good, I was like cool! I think the inform part is just the guns kill people thinking its a good thing.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Public transit facilities are government facilities and thus off limits although the vehicles themselves are not. There is no way to ride the Cleveland RTA trains without entering at least one government facility so concealed carry is a no go. On the other hand unloaded in a case inside your suitcase (i.e. FOPA-style) carry is not illegal.

One more reason why 2923.126 (B)(9) needs to go away.
cisco7200

Post by cisco7200 »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:
Klingon00 wrote:
HancockCountyHAl wrote:Of course you know Valero is owned by Hugo Chavez.
Really? They look like an American headquartered, publicly owned company to me...

NYSE: VLO
http://www.valero.com/OurBusiness/Pages ... story.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now Citgo on the other hand, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela.
You are correct. I thought it was Venezuelan owned because they both started with a V.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Valero_own ... _Venezuela" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just because they are on the stock exchange doesn't mean they are not owned by some one else who has a majority stock holding.
I am pretty sure it is mostly owned by Hugo Chavez because he started a {inappropriate language} storm a few years ago when it was named something else and they changed the name.
With that being said the local gas stations are owned by individuals who use Valero gas. Just like BP. Local stored owned locally.
djthomas wrote:Public transit facilities are government facilities and thus off limits although the vehicles themselves are not. There is no way to ride the Cleveland RTA trains without entering at least one government facility so concealed carry is a no go. On the other hand unloaded in a case inside your suitcase (i.e. FOPA-style) carry is not illegal.

One more reason why 2923.126 (B)(9) needs to go away.
If I ready the previous posts correctly they said that "Megabus" uses public street to load and unload therefore there will be no government buildings and probably no metal detectors.
You Can't Fix Stupid
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Not sure anyone wants to take Megabus anyways now...

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/double-dec ... ois-bridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A packed double-decker Megabus blew a tire and slammed head-on into a concrete bridge support pillar on an Illinois interstate Thursday, officials said.
Granted, blew a tire but could the bus driver hit anything else more head on?

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

cisco7200 wrote:Just because they are on the stock exchange doesn't mean they are not owned by some one else who has a majority stock holding.
I am pretty sure it is mostly owned by Hugo Chavez because he started a {inappropriate language} storm a few years ago when it was named something else and they changed the name.
If Chavez owns a majority stake, he has to own the assets of several major mutual funds. No single firm, investor, or mutual fund owns more than a 6.09% share of Valero.

Institutions and Mutual funds own 82% of all Valero stock.

All financial data of this sort (related to public companies) is generally readily verifiable.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Not sure anyone wants to take Megabus anyways now...

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/double-dec ... ois-bridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A packed double-decker Megabus blew a tire and slammed head-on into a concrete bridge support pillar on an Illinois interstate Thursday, officials said.
We need to ban buses that can carry more than 10 people. Especially those with fully automatic transmissions and room for people up top.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

djthomas wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:Not sure anyone wants to take Megabus anyways now...

We need to ban buses that can carry more than 10 people. Especially those with fully automatic transmissions and room for people up top.
I think we need to ban vehicles with wheels. It was a tire blowout on a Ford Expedition exactly 7 years ago today that totalled out my Pontiac Aztek. Costs for entire matter over $20,000. That's gotta somehow affect the economy.

curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

How 'bout we ban them long,straight, smooth freeways with white lines to guide you at 85mph (170mph closing speed with oncoming traffic); 45k casualties/yr.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Run flat's on the front tire's ,..the back can blow out all they want But when you lose steering it's over.
Black Rifles Matter
mreising

Post by mreising »

steves 50de wrote:Run flat's on the front tire's ,..the back can blow out all they want But when you lose steering it's over.
I blew a rear tire on a '68 Galaxy at ~90 mph once. That was no walk in the park, but I did keep it within 2 lanes of interstate highway until I got slowed down. Goodyear replaced the tire under the road hazard warranty, even though the sidewalls were about all that was left.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.