valero rocks, and mega bus?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ParatrooperJJ

Re: valero rocks, and mega bus?

Post by ParatrooperJJ »

Megabus is a federal common carrier. You are required to notify the driver before transporting a weapon on board.
Death from above!
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

ParatrooperJJ wrote:Megabus is a federal common carrier. You are required to notify the driver before transporting a weapon on board.
According to... ?
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

jabeatty wrote:
ParatrooperJJ wrote:Megabus is a federal common carrier. You are required to notify the driver before transporting a weapon on board.
According to... ?
I second that...proof or evidence to back up statement please. :?:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

I think the common carrier question comes up with respect to 18 USC 922 subsection (e) that states:
It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce, ..., without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped...
The question though is whether a firearm carried on your person is delivered to the carrier for transportation or shipment. A gun in checked luggage surely fits this bill since you are handing custody over to the carrier. I'm sure there's relevant case law here but if the weapon remains in complete possession of the passenger then I don't think it can be said that it was delivered to anybody.

The only question that remains then is whether or not it is lawful for the passenger to retain possession of the weapon. Clearly not with air travel, but absent a company policy or law to the contrary I don't see what the problem is.
mreising

Post by mreising »

djthomas wrote:I think the common carrier question comes up with respect to 18 USC 922 subsection (e) that states:
It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce, ..., without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped...
This is also the problem for those people who recommend shipping a gun as "machine parts" when sending it via UPS or FedEx.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
BobK

Post by BobK »

mreising wrote:
djthomas wrote:I think the common carrier question comes up with respect to 18 USC 922 subsection (e) that states:
This is also the problem for those people who recommend shipping a gun as "machine parts" when sending it via UPS or FedEx.
No, written notice it not required unless they are shipping it to themselves.

Since it is illegal to ship a firearm interstate to a private individual other than ourselves, all legal shipments to FFL's and Manufacturers are not required to give notice.
18 USC 922(e) It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce, to persons other than licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped;
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
mreising

Post by mreising »

Thanks for the clarification BobK.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
lukeyboy

Post by lukeyboy »

This is straight from the Megabus website..."Customers may not transport in their baggage or otherwise any items that are inherently dangerous, including any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or weapons of any kind."
cisco7200

Post by cisco7200 »

lukeyboy wrote:This is straight from the Megabus website..."Customers may not transport in their baggage or otherwise any items that are inherently dangerous, including any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or weapons of any kind."
Can't carry my pocket knife? :shock:
You Can't Fix Stupid
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

cisco7200 wrote:
lukeyboy wrote:This is straight from the Megabus website..."Customers may not transport in their baggage or otherwise any items that are inherently dangerous, including any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or weapons of any kind."
Can't carry my pocket knife? :shock:
That pocket knife is a tool!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

And a 21" machete is a lawn and garden tool.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

trimac wrote:first the valero on 237/front st in berea has a sign saying they welcome firearms and that the business is not a cpz hanging next to the door, which rocks. Second anyone ever take the mega bus, are they firearm friendly, i am going to send them an email if no one here has ever had any experience with it. If you have ridden with them I would also like to hear your experience.
I wish that Valero would talk to the people that own the Valero in Willowick (E.305 and S.Marginal) they are posted and I gave them a NGNM card just the other day.

AzRanger 8)
God made man, Colt made them equal
Tim_miller85

Post by Tim_miller85 »

You can NOT carry on Megabus. It's #10 under "Reservation terms and conditions" about 3/4 of the way down.

Customers may not transport in their baggage or otherwise any items that are inherently dangerous, including any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or weapons of any kind.

[url]http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/us.megab ... .aspx/[url]

But no one is gonna stop you. They've never searched my bags. I think if the criminals can get away, so can the good person. I wouldn't ask. I would deep carry. I know Greyhound has metal detectors and Megabus doesn't. So I try to ride Megabus.
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:Of course you know Valero is owned by Hugo Chavez.
Seems unlikely since, you know... he died several years ago.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

SeanC wrote:
HancockCountyHAl wrote:Of course you know Valero is owned by Hugo Chavez.
Seems unlikely since, you know... he died several years ago.
As did this thread - well, until it was resurrected...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!