Ghost buster signs

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

TunnelRat wrote:
Gargoyle357 wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:Jim Petro for Governor!!!!
LOL! I thought your user name was Russian for something, or maybe your name.

Oopsie, it is all much clearer to me now....
Yeah, I figured he was a Russkie, packing a Polish P-64, and campaigning for the AG. Coulda fooled me...
BTW, I fought the Rooskies during the cold war......I never fired a shot in anger :D

They are the best enemy we ever had.....a very WORTHY and honorable enemy.....quite unlike the enemy we fight now in the middle east.
jrw

Post by jrw »

Just received letter from county prosicuter that they had forwarded the Petro opinion to the Agricultural Society. Quess we will wait and see what happens now. Also just returned from the Good guys car show at the Columbus State Fairgrounds and see they are also posted at all the ticket booths????? If I were to violate a 1 1/2 year old law and tell them I didn't know it applied to me would they not give me a ticket?? Think not!!!
rhwiley

Post by rhwiley »

I wonder if AG Petros office will intervene into that one. It would be real nice if they did. It might set a good example for the other fairgrounds in the state to follow.

By the way - that car show seemed to be one of the hugest operations I've ever seen in Columbus.

I reported into my unit for military duty this weekend (for the first time since returning from over seas) and I could hardly find a motel room anywhere - except certain areas of Columbus I'd rather not stay in. I don't care if I'm carrying or not - discretion is still the better part of valor when it's an option. Take care.

Bob Wiley
CMiddleton

RINO

Post by CMiddleton »

I hate to be the one so late to the party, but I thought eventually I would discover the meaning of RINO. Thus far I have not, anyone care to elaborate?

Also, I would think that the Republicans should figure out that Kerry was defeated on the basis of his anti gun reputation, and they should give us someone we can be proud to vote for, instead of someone we have to vote for because he is the lesser of two evils.

I can't wait for a candidate who supports the working man, stops the welfare handouts, invests in education, and supports gun rights. Any such candidate out there?
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

RINO, Republican In Name Only. 8)
CMiddleton

thanks

Post by CMiddleton »

That makes perfect sense.
Ring

Post by Ring »

if they post the sign, that is not in accordance with the law, i ignore it.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Ring wrote:if they post the sign, that is not in accordance with the law, i ignore it.
Yes, but the law is very vague as to what is the law. So how do we know if a sign is in a accordance with the law? The conspicuous placement is vague. I doubt a 3x5 inch hand written card on the back wall would suffice since that would be more like entrapment. There is no required wording in the law like the used to have in Texas. Just try and use common sense and err on the side of caution. Remember that in Ohio carrying on posted private property is an automatic misdemeanor and you can almost be certain to lose your CHL.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
RockinB

Post by RockinB »

With all the "Dos and Dont's", " What and Wheres" and the myriad of other hoops to jump through, and the threat of loosing this "coveted" license, I regret even putting my name on the book and having one. It appears with the web of entanglements involved it is no wonder the number of permits applied for is less than expected. For the past 35 years I carried illegally when I deemed it necessary, never needed to use it, never was arrested. and felt prepared to defend myself if the situation demanded. Now that my carrying is common knowledge, by any LEO who checks my vehicle registration, or any journalist who wants to know, I feel less at ease, plus the fact that the right to defend myself is limited to having my back against the wall or in a corner, and even then being looked upon as the bad guy, renders the CCW permit impotent.

Looks like this was just a "come around through the back door" way of getting a lot of well meaning gun owners and second amendment defenders "registered". Smoke and mirrors folks.
The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.
"REMEMBER THE ALAMO"
What one generation tolerates, the next one embraces.
Safety Guy

Post by Safety Guy »

Rockin, I feel much like you do.

I spent over five years trying to convince the Ohio legislature to enact even a "limited" CCW law. After those five years, I finally realized they simply didn't care about "self-defense" and I was wasting my time.

After that I became rabidly in favor of "Vermont style" CCW.

Nothing less would do!

Then this crap passed. :evil:

I'll politely withhold my final judgement for maybe another year. Then if nothing has changed I'll figure I was right.

BTW, I have long called (on other forums) what we got "OHFUBARCCW."

It is mainly an effort to get permittees to make an honest mistake so they can be arrested and put through the legal grinder.

Karl
I WANT VERMONT! (OR "ALASKA")
That's FIRST AMENDMENT CRUSADER PIGLET!
Ring

Post by Ring »

you cant lose your CHL to a misdemeanor
RockinB

Post by RockinB »

We've been Duped without getting kissed.
The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.
"REMEMBER THE ALAMO"
What one generation tolerates, the next one embraces.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Ring wrote:you cant lose your CHL to a misdemeanor
Yes you can. I know for certain that misdemeanors of violence and civil protection orders will cause you to loose or be denied a CHL. I also know that the law states your license must be revoked if you carry any place that the law specifically calls out as off limits like a school, government building, or Class D place that serves alcohol for on premises consumption. I would expect that somewhere in the law you could loose your license for repeatedly entering posted businesses.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Gargoyle357

Post by Gargoyle357 »

Brian_Horton wrote:
Ring wrote:you cant lose your CHL to a misdemeanor
Yes you can. I know for certain that misdemeanors of violence and civil protection orders will cause you to loose or be denied a CHL. I also know that the law states your license must be revoked if you carry any place that the law specifically calls out as off limits like a school, government building, or Class D place that serves alcohol for on premises consumption. I would expect that somewhere in the law you could loose your license for repeatedly entering posted businesses.
I wish I felt certain that it took "repeatedly".

I just want to have my gun locked up in my locked truck in the parking lot at work, but it isn't worth losing my CHL. Instead I'll chance getting car jacked and shot on my way home. At least then my wife can sue their butt off!
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Petrofergov wrote: They are the best enemy we ever had.....a very WORTHY and honorable enemy.....quite unlike the enemy we fight now in the middle east.
I've been amazed & perplexed by many of your posts here but this one takes the cake!

Joe Stalin, Kruschev, et al were a worthy and honorable enemy?