Ghost buster signs

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glockinfairfield

Post by glockinfairfield »

Glock Rock wrote:
Petrofergov wrote: They are the best enemy we ever had.....a very WORTHY and honorable enemy.....quite unlike the enemy we fight now in the middle east.
I've been amazed & perplexed by many of your posts here but this one takes the cake!

Joe Stalin, Kruschev, et al were a worthy and honorable enemy?
Communism is many things, but worthy and honorable it is NOT. It is responsible for over 100 million dead in the 20th century and the numbers keep climbing into the 21st. Most of the dead in that number are the communist countries' own citizens... those who are supposed to be served by their government, not killed by it.

BUT... we also have a drifting thread. Don't be as afraid of the Ghostbusters signs you can see... be afraid of all the Gunbusters lurking out there that you can't see!
Glocks and Nikons. Is this a great country or what!?
collin

Post by collin »

Let's get back on topic.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Glock Rock wrote:
Petrofergov wrote: They are the best enemy we ever had.....a very WORTHY and honorable enemy.....quite unlike the enemy we fight now in the middle east.
I've been amazed & perplexed by many of your posts here but this one takes the cake!

Stalin was a mass murderer. Kruschev was a sneaky little toad and communism was an oppressive system.

I was referring to the Russian people. Why are you always on my case? Have I done something to you?

I have two Honorable Discharges from the Navy. How many do you have? I was a cold war warrior. True, I never got shot at, but at lease I served.

I had much respect for my enemy, and I even met a few in person. How many do you know?
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

collin wrote:Let's get back on topic.
Is it my imagination, or do certain people on here seem to be instigating problems?
rouger10

Post by rouger10 »

This is off topic, but I thought I'd post anyway.
I was driving home from work yesterday and noticed that the pickup truck in front of me had a large ghostbuster sign in the back window. This got my attention. As I pulled closer, he also had two NRA stickers on either side of the ghostbuster sign.
It was then I realised that he was trying to make a statement. Unfortunatly, I think that the statement is lost on the general public. I wish I could have talked to him, but that is hard to do at 35mph.

Roger
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

rouger10 wrote:This is off topic, but I thought I'd post anyway.
I was driving home from work yesterday and noticed that the pickup truck in front of me had a large ghostbuster sign in the back window. This got my attention. As I pulled closer, he also had two NRA stickers on either side of the ghostbuster sign.
It was then I realised that he was trying to make a statement. Unfortunatly, I think that the statement is lost on the general public. I wish I could have talked to him, but that is hard to do at 35mph.

Roger
Do you think he was saying he's for, or against CC?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what a ghostbuster sign flanked by NRA stickers means. :?:
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Glock Rock wrote:

While I hate Stalin et all and consider Stalin worse than Hitler, I think what petrofergov means is that the commies used to at least "play by the rules" most of the time. I have heard similar things from people who used to be in the military or work in an intelligense angency back in the Cold War. The Soviets didn't use terrorist attacks against our civilian populace or hide their soldiers amongst the civilian populations of countries our troops were in. At least the Soviets would stand up and face us in the light of day. Muslim terrorists fight and operate in a totally different way and it is hard for western intelligence agencies to penetrate their organizations.

But enough of this, let's get back on topic.
Last edited by Brian_Horton on Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Brian_Horton wrote: While I hate Stalin et all and consider Stalin worse than Hitler, I think what petrofergov means is that the commies used to at least "play by the rules" most of the time. I have heard similar things from people who used to be in the military or work in an intelligense angency back in the Cold War. The Soviets didn't use terrorist attacks against our civilian populace or hide their soldiers amongst the civilian populations of countries our troops were in. At least the Soviets would stand up and face us in the light of day. Muslim terrorists fight and operate in a totally different way and it is hard for western intelligence agencies to penetrate their organizations.

But enough of this, let's get back on topic.
That's pretty much it. Radical muslim terrorists are cowards. They blow up little kids.

The Russian enemy was a decent enemy.

One thing about Russians does annoy me just a bit. Most I ever met weren't the most tactful guys in the world. It was hard to out-drink them too......back when I used to do stuff like that.
rouger10

Post by rouger10 »

Petrofergov wrote:
rouger10 wrote:This is off topic, but I thought I'd post anyway.

Roger
Do you think he was saying he's for, or against CC?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what a ghostbuster sign flanked by NRA stickers means. :?:

I was wondering that also. That's why I wanted to talk to him. I hate to judge a book by it's cover but, from his "style" of dress, type of vehicle, and general attitude, I would say that he was for CC.
Who knows, he may have had sucess is convincing a store owner to remove the sign and kept it.

Maybe he is a forumite and can chime in.>