D.Cam: Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WBL_2006

Re: D.Cam: Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Goes Bers

Post by WBL_2006 »

Donation sent.

WBL
fisher

Post by fisher »

Tweed Ring wrote: Had the notification been made promptly, Officers 1 & 2 would have had nothing with which to charge the driver vis-a-vis failure to notify. Correct?
What is prompt in accordance with the ORC? Here is what Merriam-Webster says it is:

"being ready and quick to act as occasion demands".

I believe that he informed promptly "as occasion" demanded. The law is vague, and needs removal.

I would like to see the officer's report. As I mentioned earlier, the officer might be recalling in his head that he saw the weapon and was then notified. In reality, he was notified, then discovered the weapon.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

They didnt even read him his rights by the way. I thought this was a requirement.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

fisher wrote: I would like to see the officer's report. As I mentioned earlier, the officer might be recalling in his head that he saw the weapon and was then notified. In reality, he was notified, then discovered the weapon.
...and he did not find the handgun right away.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
Liberty Sanders

Post by Liberty Sanders »

I am speechless.

Had this "officer" been under my command when this incident happened he would be facing not only departmental charges but criminal charges as well.

Does anyone in the Canton area know if this madman is still on the street? A chief would have to be out of his mind to allow a guy like this to remain on patrol.
"I wish that SOB had a hundred room house and I could kill him once in every room."
Captain "Bull" Neal, Cincinnati Police Division
2004exrider

Post by 2004exrider »

Just left my donation, I've never felt so sick to my stomach :evil:

Don't forget VVVVV
http://www.ohioccw.org/cantonpd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jimmy
Last edited by 2004exrider on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

F; unfortunately, this does not seem to be an interaction amongst reasonable people. I interpret "prompt" to mean immediately. I had to notify a few years back - I talked over the officer until he told me to stop. He accepted that as notification.

The officer in question acted inappropriately. He should be subject to disciplinary action.

The driver should upgrade the quality of his passengers. He also should practice notification verbiage so it becomes second nature.
D-Day
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by D-Day »

Damn right disciplinary action...I hope he's legally crucified.
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
Rand Paul 2016
stew47

Post by stew47 »

This makes me sick. I'm in canton once or twice a week. This jerk still on the streets?
BoneHead

Post by BoneHead »

ill share it around. I have a friend in law enforcement that lives an another state. Ill send it to her and let her "ocifers" (sic) have a peek at it.
jamie9mm

Post by jamie9mm »

Did I miss it or did the LEO ask permission to search the vehicle?

This victim is clearly a mild mannered, easily intimidated individual. Imagine how bad it could be for some one who is a hot head and refused to take that crap.
When Barrack Obama is directly related to the murder of a cop, it's Executive Privilege.

Vote 2012!
Sevesteen

Post by Sevesteen »

Even before the officer gets to the driver, he demonstrates that he should not be a cop. "If I see you around here again, I'm going to put lumps on ya". I can't think of a situation where proving a cop said that shouldn't end his career.
jbutler

Post by jbutler »

I think I'm suffering from emotional distress and trauma after just watching that video.... the victim must have been mortified. This is disgusting action on behalf of the officer, conduct unbecoming, hell... conduct unHUMAN.....
"Criminals should consider the possibility of being shot an occupational hazard." -unknown

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln
ChemGuy

Post by ChemGuy »

Donation sent. This is appalling. Those two cops should be fired, charged, tried and jailed.
BCinOH

Post by BCinOH »

Looks like it's time to fire Officer Roidrage and immediately charge him with Aggravated Menacing and Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law.