Carry in Commercial Vehicle?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Carry in Commercial Vehicle?

Post by Gramps »

Thanks JustaShooter!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Qfac

Post by Qfac »

MichaelH wrote:
rdavis wrote:Hi, I'm kinda new to the forum, and was wondering if anybody else has ever researched the legality of carrying in a commercial truck. I am a driver and have refrained from carrying in my truck because I am not clear on the law. I was under the impression that the federal authorities shifted the enforcement of such laws to the states. However I can find no verification of this. I also travel through many states in a weeks time including some that do not recognize my OH CCW. If anybody knows of a good source for this information I would be most grateful.
Thanks in advance.
I asked an Ohio State trooper about two months ago while I was at a scale house in Findlay Ohio (mile marker 163 south bound on 75) and he told me I could carry a firearm as long as I was licensed, but I had to follow the laws of the state that I was in. "So in Ohio it would have to be on me in clear site". So when ever I crossed state lines I’d have to know what that state law was regarding the concealed carry laws. That also means that I couldn’t enter the scale house building with it so I’d have to lock it up. Most companies won’t let you bring a weapon to work any way, so it is a big no for me.
This is not correct if you have a license, you can keep it anywhere you want.
NRA Endowment Life Member

"Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Qfac wrote:
MichaelH wrote:
rdavis wrote:Hi, I'm kinda new to the forum, and was wondering if anybody else has ever researched the legality of carrying in a commercial truck. I am a driver and have refrained from carrying in my truck because I am not clear on the law. I was under the impression that the federal authorities shifted the enforcement of such laws to the states. However I can find no verification of this. I also travel through many states in a weeks time including some that do not recognize my OH CCW. If anybody knows of a good source for this information I would be most grateful.
Thanks in advance.
I asked an Ohio State trooper about two months ago while I was at a scale house in Findlay Ohio (mile marker 163 south bound on 75) and he told me I could carry a firearm as long as I was licensed, but I had to follow the laws of the state that I was in. "So in Ohio it would have to be on me in clear site". So when ever I crossed state lines I’d have to know what that state law was regarding the concealed carry laws. That also means that I couldn’t enter the scale house building with it so I’d have to lock it up. Most companies won’t let you bring a weapon to work any way, so it is a big no for me.
This is not correct if you have a license, you can keep it anywhere you want.
That's because it is 11 years out of date and the law changed since then...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
jinxer

Post by jinxer »

legal in the state, but if your employer finds out about it you get fired.
and you cant just keep your mouth shut. accidents, a nosy inspector, etc. will be ways it could he brought to your employers attention that you violated their policy

this is where we NEED ohio ccw help !!!

almost evry employer i know of prohibits firearms.

howver your supplied vehicle is both your domicile and company property.

again, we need help from ohio ccw on this. as some states have laws prohibiting employers from action against employees who store a firearm in a private vehicle on company property. i wish ohio had this and it doesnt.

it also needs to go a step further and apply employee protection to supplied company vehicles.

the good news is the trucking industry is despesrate for drivers right now. you can choose to carry, get fired over it, and walk into the next trucking fleet next door and they will happily hire you.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

jinxer wrote:again, we need help from ohio ccw on this. as some states have laws prohibiting employers from action against employees who store a firearm in a private vehicle on company property. i wish ohio had this and it doesnt.
Yes, Ohio does, as of March 21st.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JustaShooter wrote:
jinxer wrote:again, we need help from ohio ccw on this. as some states have laws prohibiting employers from action against employees who store a firearm in a private vehicle on company property. i wish ohio had this and it doesnt.
You mean, "Ohio will, as of March 21st."
MyWifeSaidYes
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
You mean, "Ohio will, as of March 21st."
I'm living in the future, so in my world it already happened... :|
NRA Life Member

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

You mean, "Ohio will, as of March 21st."[/quote]
I'm living in the future, so in my world it already happened... :|[/quote]

The bartender said, "We don't serve time travelers here."
A time traveler walked into a bar.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Hey!!!
It worked!!!
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I'm going to try out my new time machine and go back 5 minutes.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.