What's most important?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

williampelish
*** Banned ***

Post by williampelish »

What is most important to me honestly. Is that I make it home every night after work!

Will
Scott

Post by Scott »

williampelish wrote:I once made a post something like this and no one said much of anything on it. Odd huh?
We're a fickle lot---with lots of other stuff to do, I guess. I could spend all day going over this growing by leaps and bounds forum and still miss stuff, or not get around to picking my $.02 in in a timely fashion.

We had brought this subject up in the email forum days. Never hurts to revisit, yes?
Blip!
williampelish
*** Banned ***

Post by williampelish »

Scott,

your right and I have have no objections.

Will
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Actually...No

Post by rickt »

Petrofergov wrote:
Michael Courtney wrote: 9. Allow carry when dropping off/picking up children from school

Michael Courtney
I'm thinking this part is allowed under the law. Something about 'peaceable journey' or some such thing. The big no-no of course, is going into a building or loitering on the campus.
A school safety zone extands 1000 feet from school property. The law allows licensees to pass through a school safety zone as long as we are not actually entering onto school property. There is no exemption for dropping off one's child.
Scott

Re: Actually...No

Post by Scott »

rickt wrote:
A school safety zone extands 1000 feet from school property. The law allows licensees to pass through a school safety zone as long as we are not actually entering onto school property. There is no exemption for dropping off one's child.
Besides, the schools here in Hilliard are posted at the driveways (but many schools in Ohio that I've seen this summer in other towns are not)
Blip!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

My wish list

Post by Mustang380gal »

I would most like to be able to go to the rest areas without an ethical dilemma.

I'd also like to stay concealed in my car. I don't really want my 5 year old telling a clerk "My mommy has a gun" because she saw it while I was driving.

And the stupid day care provision which extends to all YMCAs just makes me irritated. My children all go to the Y. Several times while I was there, I heard of break-ins to cars in the parking lot. So I can't really take my gun, because I can't carry in the Y, and I'd be afraid of my van being broken into while I'm inside.

The CPZ thing irritates me, too. I feel more threatened in parking lots where concealed carry is banned than any other. I tend to think BGs would rather go to the Strip in North Canton where they'd be safe than another mall where their career might end real quick.