How things change

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Willy P

How things change

Post by Willy P »

Honest this is going to be about concealed carry. 30 years ago I used to race motorcycles. We all got hurt on occasion and occasions were closer together for some than others. We all compaired notes and the national magazines even wrote about the same findings we all talked about when we went, or worse, were taken to the ER. All incidents went sort of like this: Big long wait while in pain and maybe or not bleeding, or wound seeping various colored fluids. Doc comes and you get to go to a room/area to be seen. " My that is a nasty abrasion/cut/break/ whatever. How did you do that? OOOOH a motorcycle, I see. ( now the lecture ) Son do you know how many maimed and or dieing people we work on each year from motorcycle accidents? Nurse, he's a tough guy so just bring the Betadyne and that BRUSH back in the back we use for this sort of thing. NO you shouldn't need anything for the pain, after all you're a motocycle guy and you all are tough! "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Maybe you need to think about this next time you throw a leg over that murdercycle!" Now flash ahead to 2005 and I am headed into Riverside Hosp. to see a surgeon about old injuries I need worked on. Nurses and Docs parking MURDERCYCLES they ride every day to work. and a big ole CPZ sticker every 100 feet around the lot and on every building! I go in and ask" hey doc what is up with all the no gun signs in the lot out there??? Son do you know how many people we treat each year that are hurt and or killed by those tools of the Devil? You have to love it or go crazy. Life is a big roller coaster ride! :evil:
Phil-from-Ohio

How things change

Post by Phil-from-Ohio »

That brought back memories. I remember laying in a hospital emergency room in Chillicothe in the late 60s from a racing accident at the fairgrounds. A bone sticking out of my leg and blood running out the bottom of my leathers and I had to listen to a lengthy (or so it seemed at the time) lecture from the nurse on how dangerous motorcycles were. Darned if those weren't some of the best times of my life.
Phil
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Still have your old "hot shoe" Phil ? I'm asuming you flat tracked since you talked about the fair grounds. I agree they were great times. I'm not sure if they were major neck surgery and a 3 month recoup time great or not :shock: looks like I'll have a lot of internet time on my hands the rest of this year. :roll: It's nice to know I have someone on here that ate a ton of dirt also.
Pat C.
Phil-from-Ohio

How things change

Post by Phil-from-Ohio »

No, the hot shoe as well as the bloody leathers were sold on ebay a few years ago. I decided that unless I had a fatal disease I'd never weigh 145 lbs. again so there was no use hanging on to them. Besides, the good memories are still there even without the reminders. Sounds like you have some unpleasent reminders of your own.
Regards,
Phil
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Phil email me off list. I have it in my profile, they have PM disabled on this board and I don't want to run off topic and get anyone mad around here. I'm liking this BB compaired to the mailing list too much to get in trouble right off the bat.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Tom you calling me crazy :D Hey I never thought the thread would get a lot of posts back I just had to vent about the medical community and the irony of what has happened. I can see it now. 2035 and a doc some place it getting out of the car and asking another about a range date to go shooting and what caliber of blaster he favors for protection. I want to laugh and cry at the same time about the situation! :twisted: :evil: :?
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

those folks have no clue what they are talking about, which is why I ride my horse (see avatar) while packing my XD's...

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
ama168

Post by ama168 »

NOW you did it!!!! I was trying to forget abought it! For fear of trying to fit into my leathers again. :shock: