Carrying a expandable baton???

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CaptainBoiz

Re: Carrying a expandable baton???

Post by CaptainBoiz »

Saltcreek wrote:Even small LED lights can be pretty wicked.

A nice LED light makes an excellent improvised weapon, and can be used much like a Kubotan or even a yawara. I carry one all the time. It's dark at least a third of the day. :wink:

--------------------------
Yes, I agree, but most people are not talking about using a light as a Kubotan or yawwara stick, and probably never heard of one and have even less training on their use than a a baton. My impression was people are speaking of using flashlights as clubs. Kubotans, yawara sticks, PR-24s and properly used batons are tools for trained individuals. Amateurs trying to use them against nuttly criminals or druggies will get hurt. MOST people are not kung-foo charley. My comment stands, get a handgun license or get the heck out of Dodge if you possibly can. Even police escalate "use of force". Having delt with knife wielding criminals before REAL close-up, I didn't play "he has a knife so I get a little stick". The way it goes is "he gets a knife, I get a gun" "he has a gun, I get a bigger gun". Kool toys get you hurt unless you are an EXPERT in their use.
The club you mean is that a Billy Club for real?? :D :roll: