Getting out of state NR permits

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Willy P

Getting out of state NR permits

Post by Willy P »

I am in the process of sending in my PA permit pack to the Centre County Sheriff. Has anyone else tried this? It just seems so darn easy that it can't be true :o
Last edited by Willy P on Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColGlock

Post by ColGlock »

7days mailbox to mail box.

it is that easy, assuming you qualify. which is how it should be.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

I have a NH permit. Those are really easy and quick too.
junglebob

Post by junglebob »

It took about 7 days for my non-resident PA license. I'm from Illinois, and heard of one guy hear that got his in 5 days. I didn't think the mail traveled that fast. The Centre county sheriffs office is very helpful if you have any questions. The license is a little large, but the sheriff says it is OK to reduce it to 60 per cent of original size by photo copying and laminate it. That makes it drivers license size, does suggest you also have the original with you.
Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason
CMiddleton

Utah Instructors

Post by CMiddleton »

Anyone know anyone who is eligible to teach the class for a Utah permit, but is closer to Ohio? I know you can fly to Phoenix, but that incurs a lot of cost.

I figure that I will get NH and PA in addition to the Ohio permit (8 days and counting, awaiting Montgomery County).

I travel quite a lot, would like to be covered wherever I go, as all of you will certainly understand.
collin

Post by collin »

CMiddleton...go to Packing.org and look up Utah, you'll find a link, somewhere, that will get you to a list of Utah Instructors, even the ones in Ohio.
medphys3

NR Permit

Post by medphys3 »

I just sent out my paperwork for a New Hampshire permit. We'll see how it goes.
Todd
Mark

NH Permit

Post by Mark »

It took nine days for me to get my permit from NH. I think it was only 20 bucks. The paperwork was one page and a photo copy of my Ohio Permit.
CMiddleton

ok, after further review

Post by CMiddleton »

I spent a half hour with a checklist, checking it twice: So give or take a state, but according to my calculations...

OH+NH+PA=31 States

OH+FL=32 States

(FL give you Arkansas)

I don't see that it can hurt to have as many licenses as you can, because you never know what is going to happen with legislation, etc.

The cost in addition to OH is 40 bucks for NH & PA. For the FL license, 150. So the question is: is Arkansas worth 150 bucks? No pun intended ;-) I mean it is Billary (AW Ban) Clinton's home state!

If you guys have had no luck with UT instructors returning email I am not even going to try. I do see a lucrative market though, timing the UT class on the Sunday after the first day of recruiting customers at the gun show, in the same cities. Smells like money, wish I was an instructor.
valian

Post by valian »

Less than one week from Centre cnty. PA. Less than 10 days from NH. NH gives you PA plus some other states for the same cost as the PA.

valian
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

My main reason for the PA license was to get Ga. so I can head south when I want after I retire next year. Nothing is going to give me IL, IA, and NB so I can head to WY when I hunt there. I'm pretty much covered as far as I see it if I just get the PA permit. Thank you all a bunch for the info.
Pat C.
shep78

Ohio & Pa

Post by shep78 »

With the Ohio & Pa. CCW give you 26 states..not too bad :roll:
jhfenton

Re: ok, after further review

Post by jhfenton »

CMiddleton wrote:I spent a half hour with a checklist, checking it twice: So give or take a state, but according to my calculations...

OH+NH+PA=31 States

OH+FL=32 States

(FL give you Arkansas)
According to my spreadsheet and packing.org's license tool, OH+FL=30 states:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming

You don't get NH, because NH only recognizes resident licenses and NH doesn't recognize OH. What other states are on your list of 32? I'd love to find out that I'm missing some.

John
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Yeah, but why do all you bro' buckeyes wanna get outta state res permits??? Man, that's darn near treason!

Besides, you gotta pay income tax to all those states too if you get NR status.

Us Buckeyes rule!!!
CMiddleton

32 States

Post by CMiddleton »

John, That was a little bit of a fuzzy explanation on my part. What I meant was that you could get 32 total states if you added FL to NH, OH, and PA. That would give you NH as your 32nd state.

Hopefully more will be added as the AG makes more agreements. I, personally wont be applying for a FL, because I don't have any plans to go to AR. AR was the only added state, after OH PA and NH are obtained.