Resident Alien

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

Geezah wrote:
Ok, Britain recognises both, America doesn't but they will let you keep both, you're just American first.

I just thought it was time to make the transition and as involved as I like to get in American Politics it would be nice to haev a say so, rather than telling my Wife how she shoudl vote :wink:
Yeah, the Vaterland sees things a little differently. I guess I'd have to find a hardship one way or the other. :wink: And yes, it would be nice to be more actively involved in politics. I can't make donations to a campaign or vote. Writing letters to the editor only goes so far, even though my wife usually does follow my recommendations on the local level. :lol:
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
CMiddleton

Schmidt's In Columbus

Post by CMiddleton »

Haspelbein, Have you tried Schmidt's in Columbus? I have been there a few times, but I don't have any authentic German food to contrast it against.

Also, was wondering if you would be willing to give me any input on river cruises through Germany, my girlfriend is trying to plan one around Christmas this year. One starts in Austria, and the other is entirely in Germany.
haspelbein

Re: Schmidt's In Columbus

Post by haspelbein »

CMiddleton wrote:Haspelbein, Have you tried Schmidt's in Columbus? I have been there a few times, but I don't have any authentic German food to contrast it against.
Actually, I used to work in German Village when I lived here 5 years ago. So I went there for lunch quite often. Their food definitely has some authentic items while others are clearly americanized. (Try to find a "Bahama Mama" in Germany.)

To be perfectly honest, the Amish food you can get in Ohio is probably closer to German cuisine than Schmidt's. Slightly bland by American standards with a tendency towards sour tastes. And lots of pork, of course. :wink:
Also, was wondering if you would be willing to give me any input on river cruises through Germany, my girlfriend is trying to plan one around Christmas this year. One starts in Austria, and the other is entirely in Germany.
Sure. Contact me at xxxxxx@xxx.com with the details and I'd be glad to provide feedback.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"